Did your mothers & grandmothers ever tell you...

That its rude to ask a lady her age? I got popped a few times by my grandma for asking it.

funlovinlady

Asked by funlovinlady at 1:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• I assume this is towards my question.. It wasn't meant to be rude .. It was just a question. I didn't force anyone to answer it.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Absolutely it is, it just reminded me of getting popped for being mouthy and rude
    funlovinlady

Comment by funlovinlady (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Heck yes. For as long as I can remember my Grandmother refused to tell anyone her age. As a kid I'd ask her every year on her birthday how old she was turning and every year she'd yell at me, lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• No, my Mom is still 20. She always has been ever since I started asking her. How she does it, I'll never know!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• nope
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• you know it funlovinglady, it was like saying a curse word to them
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• I've heard that you never ask a lady her age, her weight or how much she makes. You'll probably never get a straight answer anyways! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Its 2013.. Don't think the same rules apply now than when your grandmother was popping you in the mouth. Women on here and say "f" this and "f" that, but I ask how old you all are and a whole question is made about how rude I am? Really..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• No. Weight, yes. Age, no.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• I'm not talking about how rude you are , it's a general question because a lot of us were raised that way. You aren't that important dear, it just reminded me of a different era and how funny it is that it's ok to do that now.
    funlovinlady

Comment by funlovinlady (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2013