Another school shooting this morning...

Not of great magnitude though, thank goodness. Only one injured but in stable condition. Not seeking opinions or trying to start a debate on gun control, simply sharing the news. It's all over TV here because it's not too far away but here's the link.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/11/justice/california-school-shooting-teachers/index.html?hpt=us_c1

maecntpntz219

Asked by maecntpntz219 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• It's a fearsome thought to let your kid out the door with all the shootings you hear about. But then, I said something to my 92-year-old grandma about it last night, and she said when she was raising my mom, the horror that scared every parent to death was polio. So I guess if it's not one thing, it'll be something else.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Wait, this is the one that happened yesterday. I think this is less to do with guns, and more to do with how we as a society treat people who we think are different from us. This kid was allegedly bullied and supposedly was intent on killing only his bullies. Sad thing is that I read he made comments many times in the past about taking care of those who were bullying him, and no one took it seriously.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• After Newtown, I have been seriously considering pulling my kids and using an online/homeschooling approach. Seems like the whole world has gone insane.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• I know, it's so sad. It's a scary time to be a parent.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Ummm,debate section, just saying..........

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Geeze................... :(
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• I wonder why they let this kid BACK into school after he was kicked out for threats last year? There is no place for these troubled kids. WTF are we all supposed to do as parents?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• It's sad when this is where I kids feel they have to go in order to be heard. Killing seems to be the answer to all their problems and they don't realize that it's just the start.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• This is so scary. I am afraid every time my daughter steps out the door.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Right? I feel the same way. But then I thought about the mall shootings, movie theater shootings, freeway shootings, heck, even home invasion shootings and figured I'd pretty much have to keep my son locked in a bullet proof cage to protect him from all the possible ways he could be the victim of a shooting or anything else and that's just not possible.
    maecntpntz219

Comment by maecntpntz219 (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2013