Is it normal to feel like this?

I am about four weeks. This morning I woke up at 12 am and started puking. Then I woke up again at 3 and puked again. I have felt nautes all day,and dizzy. I also have had diharria. I just want to know if I should be worried about the dizziness, and still being nautious but not puking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Welcome to morning sickness. Stock up on crackers and ginger ale.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Aw you poor thing. Unfortunately, it is normal, very normal indeed. The best advice I was given was this:
    The reason you get so nauseous is because when you're not eating over night, because you're obviously sleeping, the acids in your stomach build up.. causing the nausea. The best thing to do is keep some peanut butter crackers next to your bed, as some water (and in your case-- a trashcan or bucket)
    Once you wake up, be sure to have some yogurt with your breakfast.. the protein in yogurt, as well as peanut butter, will decrease your chances of throwing up.
    ALWAYS keep crackers in your purse, in the car, every where possible!! They are light, so they won't upset your stomach. BUT they will keep the acid in your stomach low. Good luck new mama :)
    Let me know if you have any more questions.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 11:22 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• With the nausea,vomiting, and diarrhea it sounds like you have got a nasty upper GI infection, and there is nothing to do but ride it out. I got them twice while pregnant, on top of my vomiting 3-4 times a day already from morning sickness.

Try and drink something, I found that a bit of sprite helped.. to be honest or try ginger ale but sip it slowly, don't drink too fast! Once you can keep some fluids down try some crackers, or dry cereal (I lived off cheerios, regular).

It will get better, I am sorry and it does suck. Try and stay hydrated even if you can't eat.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:22 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Try fresh ginger for the nausea. Grate it onto food or make a tea. Make sure you stay hydrated - get plenty of fluids even if it is hard to keep it down.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• The diareaha is very normal :( So is the nausea without throwig up. Hang in there, it won't last forever. Try drinking SUPER cold ginger ale. The only way I could keep fluids down was if they were practically frozen when I drank them. If ANYTING sounds good to you right now, serisouly, kit kat bars, eggnog, lol, WHATEVER, eat or drink it. You can worry about being healthy once you can keep stuff down. Just eat whatever works for your tummy right now. Good luck, and congratulations :) It does get better
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2009