induction question

had anyone been given a date for induction and the hospital put you off til the next day or something? they keep telling me to call back and im a lil frustrated. im in pain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ooh, no! That would be awful. Could your doc call them and set them straight?
    Erin.

Answer by Erin. at 11:13 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• yepp it pissed me off so bad because i was so excited and right before we were leaving for the hospital like literally walking out the door we called and they said they had no beds but they would call if one opened up.. or to call in hte morning. so i got NO SLEEP that night and called at 8 and they were still full so again no sleep... and so calledt hat night and finally got in. So I was really excited when I thought I was going to be induced and by the time it was actually time I was just physically drained and exhausted. So don't count on anything and GET SLEEp
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• if they put me off yet again when i call at noon im gonna have to say something. i have major gall bladder problems and have been throwing up all week. its not doling her any good to be inside when i cant even eat. this was planned over a week ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Omg! You poor thing :( That's so terrible. If I were you I'd just call back constantly! I hope things get better, and good luck with the little one :D
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 11:15 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If they don't have room, they don't have room. Throwing up isn't endangering your baby... so don't stress out and relax.

It sometimes happens, people who go into the hospital in labor trump you, sorry to say, so if they are full they can't place you anywhere. Be patient, relax, get some sleep, try and eat/drink something..
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:19 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• The thing is it isn't their fault people are going into labor naturally themselves. They are doing what they have to do. HOWEVER- I would call your DOCTOR not the hospital and talk to HIM about it. OR just go in and talk to your doctor. Because if it was over a week ago they need to see you again anyways. So maybe the doctor could do an Emergency Induction.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• im measuring small and im in such pain that i lay on the floor crying. this has been going on since november. and i know that ppl who are in labor have first priority but its very frustrating. theyve had me on a number of drugs and nothing works. it barely scratches the surface and when u cant eat for days at a time and throw up..its def not good for the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Your Dr shouldn't have told you he was going to induce you with out calling the hospital first to make sure they had a bed. All three times when I was induced they called the hospital first to be sure that there was a bed open. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I am so sorry, I had bad gall bladder problems when i was pregnant with my son and liver problems it is very painful, and they deffently need to relise that this is an emergnacy, i relise they dont have room right now , but think about it if your water broke right now, and you dialated to a 10 all of a sudden they would have room.
    mandyjh

Answer by mandyjh at 12:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• yes it happened to be but they told me to come in at 3, then 4:30, then was 8pm and they would go ahead and start me then. But I went into labor on my own by the time they said come in. I was at the hospital at 2:00 in full labor. Just hang on and keep calling and keep calling they will finally tell you okay.
    Missy_Dye

Answer by Missy_Dye at 2:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2009