Wedding planning and having a pushy bridesmaid

I have a bridesmaid that is very pushy with her ideas. Shes very blunt and straight forward and tells it like it is, which makes her who she is however, This is my wedding and as i appreciate your input please keep your snarky comments to yourself. Don't like my colors dont be in my wedding. Saying, "If thats your colors, im not in it...." before even seeing how it will look is rude. Or forcing how my hair or make up or certain decoration should be.

Theres a fine line between giving input and suggestions to taking over and being too over bearing.

How do you deal with someone like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• just went through that, my daughter said fine and gave a couple more choices. If they had not all agredd she would have probably gone back to the on the MOH hated and said wear it or walk away!

And she would tell the MOH to worry abotu her own hair and shut up LOL
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 6:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Idk I wasn't that picky. I picked my colors and let the ladies pick out the dresses they liked. Let them do thier hair, makeup the way they wanted. I wanted them to feel pretty as well I understand it's your day so I'd say compromise or if you don't want to ask her to not be in your wedding, it's your day.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 6:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• How do you deal with someone like this?

"When you get/ got married you get/ got to make the decisions".
    Seriously? A friend is not going to be in your wedding because of the colors? May be time to review the friendship...
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• IMO you tell them exactly what you said right here.
    "I value our friendship- I really do but I feel you are being overbearing and it is starting to stress me out. I understand it is your personality but I need you to understand that this is my wedding and I need to make the choices. I would love to hear your imput but I am just so overwhelmed that some of your comments and the way you are wording things is hurting my feelings and making me feel pressured and frustrated. I really want you to be a part of my wedding but I need you to please think about my feelings right and understand that I am doing the best I can.'
    She may choose to back out after that but at least you will have tried.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• What's your color? Just curious.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 6:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Hand her a bill. When she's paying for the wedding, she gets to make the decisions. If she's not going to pony up the cash to pay for it, she can stfu.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• I was just in a wedding, I didn't like the color or the dress at all. It was extremely unflattering on all of us bridesmaids, as we were all overweight women, some much more than others. The dress didnt go past the knee and was strapless. The color was wine. I absolutely hated showing my legs. But i never spoke a word of it to the bride. It's her wedding and she gets to pick everything. If the bridesmaids dont like it they can either stfu or not be in the bridal party
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Sounds like the beginnings of a new Bridezilla episode.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• "Bitch, this is MY day! BACK OFF!"

You don't want someone like that in your wedding, anyway. She will make your whole day stressful.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Tell her so long. So not worth the stress on your special day.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2013