How do I tell my husband I'm not happy in my relationship?

I have a 2 year old son and I have been unhappy in my relationship. He is currently unemployed and refuses to work. I work go to school and take care of my son. He tries to pick fights with people who are close to me so I don't have any friends now he is picking fights with my parents. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Hruhs

Asked by Hruhs at 10:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• I wouldn't continue with it either. I would talk to some attorneys and see what your options are. Maybe get some temp orders in place so you will have a leg to stand on. Just put it out in the open and tell him how you feel. If he says he doesn't want to change and won't even try to, then dust your feet off and move on. You are doing everything on your own now so money can't hold you there. Hope you find happiness in your life. Not only for you but your child as well!!! GL
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• your already doing it on your own. kick his ass out. and tell him you are done plain and simple.. i've been there and done that!
    mampanda0422

Answer by mampanda0422 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• You tell him what you just posted here.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Has he been screened for depression? Many who are unemployed suffer from it. If you want to try and save your marriage, make an appointment for counselling. If he won't go then go on your own.

I hope you find a solution to this situation.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 3:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• There are going to be tough patches like this in a relationship. If it was me, I would get a sitter for my child. Then, I would do something fun with my honey. Afterwards, over some beverage that is nonalcoholic have a heart to heart with him. Tell him how much you miss having fun like that, how his smile gives you warm fuzziness, and that you are worried about him and your relationship. Remind him that you two are a team and that when one person is down everyone is down but you are there to help him and support him. Give him some suggestions to help him feel better. You guys can get past this.

And don't forget to take some me time! It's hard being with a person who is hating life and is making everyone miserable!
    1CopaceticMama

Answer by 1CopaceticMama at 8:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Show hm this post
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Tell him straight out you want out and also why, then tell him to pack his bags and go!

Answer by older at 9:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Be honest with him, I knew people like this, who would pick fights to keep families broken up and fighting, everyone knew it was because their own family was shitty and never really was a good family so they would do that too their so's family out of jealousy, tell him you want that to stop, to also help around the house until he gets a job or not to let the door hit him on the way out, he is being very childish and needs to get a job instead of sitting around all day trying to take people away from you that you love.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2013