Do you think fertile women taking infertility pills to conceive twins is wrong?

I was researching natural ways to make conceiving twins more possible ,my mother is a twin so they run in the family and i've always wanted a twin. I saw things like raspberry tea and such. Also i found women who can have children like myself taking infertility to have twins or move they had a laundry list of ideas and medicine they take I'm talking 12 to 15 different pills and creams. Do you think that's right or even safe for the children or mother if they don't need it all?

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 11:39 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I think it's crazy more than wrong. I had my hands full with one good baby, I can't imagine wanting two at the same time.
    Anonymous

• I kind of think it is wrong. I think it is like playing God. If you are suppose to have twins, you will have them, no matter what you take or do. JMO
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I think it is a bad idea. You are playing with hormones and making your body off balance for no reason. Our bodies have a difficult enough time trying to stay hormonally balanced with all of the toxins etc. in today's environment. It will have an effect on the children's health as well. If it runs in your family then why not just let nature take it's course. My son was a twin but I lost one at 5mos but I'm glad I have him. I really wanted my second pregnancy to be twins too but didn't pan out that way. I'm glad I have what I do though.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• For fertile women yes. Can't imagine why a doctor would even go along with that one. Infertility pills should be meant for women (like myself) who, for whatever reason, have issues conceiving.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Keep in mind, I am in no way a professional:) I too have considered it. My daughter was a twin and I lost #2 at 13 weeks. I think (emphasis on the word think) that it's safe, but (IMO) not the right thing to do. I want twins, or more, so bad - but if God doesn't bless me with them naturally then we're going to consider other options. We've thought quite a bit about adoption... This is tough though, I hope you can find a peace about the situation, either by twins, or not:)

Miss_Kasey

Answer by Miss_Kasey at 11:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• cat1622 I don't plan on taking those pills i just can't believe people do all that I was simply looking at things that general make conceiving easier and may also help with twins if anything I'd just make my self healthier with dairy and antioxidants found in fruits
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 11:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If you are just doing natural things that might increase your odds, I guess that's ok, but I have my doubts that it will increase your odds of conceiving twins by much. Since your mother is a twin, that is probably the factor working most in your favor. You might want to consult with a doctor about the 12 - 15 pills you are taking now, because even with OTC that might not be safe. If you are seeking stronger fertility drugs from doctors when you can conceive without them, then I do think that is wrong, and you are taking unecessary risks.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Sorry - didn't see YOU weren't taking the 12 - 15 different pills and creams.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I guess, as long as they aren't too drugged. I agree to keep it natural cuz what if you are preg and you are still using all those things? I think it would be more special if it just happened on it's own. Twins run in my husbands side of the family. None here yet. Maybe next time...eeeek!
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2009