Is it a bad thing that im a firm believer in beating my kids .?

im the type of person who hates too be embarrassed in public, usually i dont have too tell my kids to do something over and over because they have learned i dont care where we are i would beat them.! but somebody told meh that nowadays people dont beat their kids is this true.?

maluanjade

Asked by maluanjade at 10:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2013 in General Parenting

• What do you consider "beating"?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Beat??? As in leaving welts and bruises??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• i consider beating my kids popping them on the bottom with my hands, no i dont leave welts on them.!
    maluanjade

Comment by maluanjade (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• OH!
    ok. good cause this whole thing could've gone south very quickly.
    I don't think it's a bad thing. I pop the kids on the bum every now and again (when they were smaller)

Please change the word Beat to Spank otherwise you are gonna get tore up.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• I suggest you don't use that word then. Spank is much better
    Yeah,spanking is verboten nowadays

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• If you are leaving bruises, then yes it is wrong. It shouldn't ever get to that point. I tell ppl that I know that I am gonna beat my child. But that's just a figure of speech. I NEVER would hurt my son physically. If someone feels the need to beat their kid then they don't need kids. There is a difference in discipline and beating.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Spanking your kids is one thing and beating quite another.
    I have no problem with spanking, three swats or less to the padded part o the body done without anger.

I d have a problem with beating a child anywhere. That is in anger. You are doing for your benefit and not the child's.
    There is no need to swat more than three times. That is enough to getheir attention and change their direction. More than that and again you are doing it to bully and not to help the child to do the right thing.

No it is not acceptable to beat your child.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• A spanking for misbehavior is good. Even if it is in public. I have had to do that with my son. Now that he is getting older I don't have to do that as much... lol
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Let's call that spanking then, shall we?
    I have not had to spank my son since he was in diapers. A flop on the butt taught him who was boss, and he never questioned it again.
    He's 18 now, has a job, is on Honor Roll, and I swear I've only had to raise my voice to that boy 3 or 4 times his whole life.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• A spanking isn't all that uncommon.

Beating is something you should worry about the police interpreting.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2013