Do you ever have a cooking adventure? You know where you try to cook something that is really involved.

I have an on going adventure. I am trying to make Mexican Mole. I cannot get it to taste like my mothers. Grrrrrrrr

This is about the 7th time I have tried. I am still tweaking it.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2013 in Food & Drink

• When we were stationed in Italy I took 3 series' of cooking classes at 4 weeks each. So every once in a while I try to recreate the recipes I made. Pasta-check, crema catalana-check, torta martina-check, funghi strussel-check, tasty salad thing-check, fagotini(stuffed pasta, most delicious thing I have ever eaten)-not so good....
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Yes, when I attempted to make Gordon Ramsey's Roast Beef & Yorkshire Puddings with Red Wine Gravy.
    I say attempted, it was edible but, definitely not up to his standards I'm sure.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Yes I have tried complex dishes. All except one tasted commonplace. The one that was exceptional was Cornish hens, they were so good. Fudge is something I just can't get right.

Answer by Bmat at 10:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• I made a pork loin that had an apple stuffing in it.
    It was so-so.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Wow if you're successful let us know

.I am a failure at Mole. It has been years since I quit trying..I will go on line and find some tweaks for the jarred kind sometimes.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• I made up a recipe for savory tomato ,spinach ,bread pudding.It was a pain but turned out well. I have several Indian cookbooks ...everything is tough ...first tempering the oil and then on and on and on...and then it turns out just o.k. 

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Why not ask her to show you? lol
    Yes I have adventures in my kitchen all the time.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2013

• Yep - I love cooking and baking so it doesn't phase me to do something more involved - though I do have to plan those into my week lol!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2013