Check this crazy thing out.

Joanna Stern/ABC News.

LAS VEGAS — Does it need any explaining? Yes, the iPotty is real and is on display here at CES 2013. CTA Digital, maker of iPad and Kindle accessories — or appcessories — is showing off a number of new iPad toys at the show, but the high-tech solution to potty training is surely turning heads.

The iPotty training system has a built-in case for an iPad and the company says it is the perfect way to keep your toddler on the bowl.

More CES Crazy: Move cat ears with your mind

“When you are potty training you have to keep them busy. This keeps them engaged and gives them rewards for the right kind of behavior,” said Lois Eiler of CTA Digital. In fact, there are a number of potty training apps already in the app store, including “It’s Potty Time.” The idea is that you fire up the apps, put your child on the potty and…wait.

The iPotty costs $39.99 (iPad not included, obviously) and is compatible with the iPad 2 and the current model.

Oh, and don’t worry, it does come with iPad protection. It has a touch-screen protector to, yes, guard against messy hands and pee. Perhaps that’s the real innovation here and CTA should think about making one for adults.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2013 in Technology

• Oh boy, do they offer a replacement plan for when it gets dropped in the toilet?! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:02 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• LOL! If my boys had an IPotty, they'd never come out of the bathroom!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• well, I like to play handheld games if I am gonna be a few minutes
    and some people read so I can see this actually working.

I always took a book in for our kids
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2013