Are there any restrictions to wearing tampons after giving birth? adult content

I put one in for half an hour to take a bath. Hurt like hell!! I am seven weeks post baby. Stopped bleeding at six weeks then started birth control and am bleeding again. Damnit!

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2013 in Health

• Actually staci, it's not a good ideal.
    Because your cervix is still partially open and the placental site has not healed, it makes you vulenerable to infection and you may still be sore.
    I'd wait and discuss this with your Dr before using tampons.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:51 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Wow has it been 7 weeks!?!?!?! But yeah I only heard about the 6 week rule though it still hurt for me too for a few months. To this day tampons are no longer comfortable for me!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• ..... damn cervix.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 2:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Yeah, I'd wait...same with sex too. That took a while to be comfortable. Sorry, TMI.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:26 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Honestly, I'd probably wait awhile longer (maybe another 2-4 weeks) before using tampons again. My doctor told me at my 6 week checkup that they recommend waiting to use tampons until the baby is around 4-6 months old since there's still the potential for infection and such.

The same with sex. She said to wait until 6 weeks at least simply to give the cervix time to close up. She also said that having sex after a baby can potentially make a woman dry and she suggested using lube for awhile if we were ready to get our freaky on lol

But discuss it with your doctor and they can give you better advice or suggestions to help! =)
    raye-chan

Answer by raye-chan at 5:29 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• I was told to wait until at least the first period after the bleeding stopped (bleeding stops, weeks pass, period starts was how they explained it to me, because they said the bleeding might be start/stop toward the end), but beyond that, it was just whenever I was comfortable. I'd say if it's not comfortable for you yet, then don't do it. Give it a month or two, try again. Or ask your doctor if you think it's because something is actually wrong.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Thank you guys. I have never heard or read anything on tampon use. Glad someone else did!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2013