How sure can i be if my water broke?

Im 34 weeks pregnant, my partner and i were having sex and i was on top I felt water like flow coming out and thought ive reached an "O", then i got back on top and it happen two more times. Could it be that my water broke?

sillas

Asked by sillas at 4:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I think it's more likely that you had your first experience of female ejaculation - google it. If in doubt, call your ob or maternity. Better safe than sorry.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 6:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Is this your first pregnancy? If your water brok you would know it. Because you would be in Labor as in pain.

Answer by louise2 at 7:14 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Your water actually can break before the onset of contractions, it's just not common. However unless there is a constant flow while lying down, that can't be 'pinched' off what winter glow said is more likely.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Did it come out with force and in spurts? Or just run? Did more pour out when you stood up?
    And seriously if you thought your water broke why did you climb back on and do it two more times?!?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• When my water broke with my daughter, it just felt like I peed my pants. It wasnt a gush or a trickle, it was just a little wet, like I forgot to wipe after peeing. And I didnt start having contractions until 30 minutes after my water broke. It broke on its own at home. Oh I should mention that after that first feeling of wetness, I didnt feel anymore. My moms water broke with me at 7:30am and she didnt get any contractions or labor pains until after 5pm. So no you dont always get labor pains right after your water breaks. With my son, the doc broke my water when I was 7cm and I stopped having contractions altogether. They had to put me on pitocin to get things started again after they gave me an hour to start them on my own again. Everyone is different. When in doubt contact your ob/midwife.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Check with your doctor; everyone is different, but at some point you would go into labor and know that you need to get to the hospital. It could be that the baby is pressing on your bladder more during sex in that position.
    Sierrarose99

Answer by Sierrarose99 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2013