Which is Worse?

Do you think it is worse to have not had money and have lived within that standard or to have had money then lose that way of life and learn to live within a different standard?

cat1622

Asked by cat1622 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 12, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I think it's worse going from money to no money: it's like a shock to the system. Of course, if a person can learn & grow from it, then it can be somewhat of a good thing.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:42 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• It would be worse going from money to no money. If you know what you are giving up it could make you bitter, but if you have never lived that way you don't truly know what your losing.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• My DH & I both worked full time until we had our first child which was 13 years into our marriage. I bought ANYTHING I wanted. We traveled Everywhere, went to dinner every weekend etc. After I stopped working, slowly things changed including the economy. We learned to do without & scrimp when we had to. I wanted to stay home & raise our kids like I was raised with my Mom always home. So we do what we have to do. I am not bitter at all. It's like "been there, done that, bought that already". So at least we did all the things we wanted to do before kids. Now when they both start regular school I;ll start to work again locally. I won't make the money I used to but a little extra will help to treat the kids to a small vacation & activities.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:57 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• going from having to nothing, especially if it happens later in life.
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 12, 2013

• I feel like its definitely worse to have money then lose it all.
    Diamond2010

Answer by Diamond2010 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• not had the money
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Going fomr having money to loosing it... been there don that. It is heart breaking because it means giving up everything you are used to.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• It is definitely worse to go from having it all, to losing it all. When you don't have it to start with, you don't miss what you never had.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2013