any ideas on how to decorate fora jungle/animal theme birthday party?

i want to do a jungle/animal theme for my daughters 1st birthday party but i could use some help with ideas for decorating...

scared19yrold

Asked by scared19yrold at 11:48 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I drew a big monkey and we did "pin the tail on the monkey" instead of donkey. I used grass skirts to make table skirts, and green crepe paper to make "bushes" and streamers for vines. I used crepe paper to make big flowers to hang from the vines, as well.
    I have pics of my sons birthday with all the decor, if you want to see them just send me a message and I can show you some. I decorated the whole house, living/dining, and kitchen for under $20.00
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 2:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Check out this link...
    Not sure how much time you have...
    http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?Ne=90000&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&cm_re=TOP-_-CS-_-CS&N=377346&Ns=BEST_SELLER%7c1&requestURI=viewEndecaCategory&tabId=PartySupplies
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• We found some cute jungle party supplies at our local party store. I made cupcakes for the twins and we frosted them with bright blues, greens, and yellows, and I bought small rubber jungle animals to put on the cupcakes. It was really cute and festive.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• You could print jungle pictures off the internet and onto your printer. Then hang them from the ceiling with string, use as centerpiece on your table by putting in clear frames, taping them to green plastic table clothes. Wouldn't cost much. Or you could find a jungle book coloring book with pictures (this would even be good to give out as party favor). I like the idea of the rubber jungle animals on the cake/cupcake as mentioned on the other post and you could even put some of them around centerpiece. If you have little children attending make a "safari" game for them to play or read a safari story. momjs www.cjkidz.com
    momjs

Answer by momjs at 11:42 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Cut out animals from construction paper staple a rubber band and cut out eyes for masks kids can make.Do the plates and napkins in grass green from dollar tree.
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2009