Transferring a baby from sleeping on me to a different location.... successfully?

How did you guys do that?

I'm failing.

Which is ok... Just means my baby has strong survival skills. Mom gone = make noise because "OHMYGERD I AM A LOST BABY"

<3

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 4:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2013 in General Parenting

• i was always good at it
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Never had much luck with this one--not with my 3 children nor with any of my 7 grandchildren. Best thing to do is teach them how to put themselves to sleep while lying in their own beds. It's really not that difficult to do!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• I have one of those papasan style chairs for baby.
    I just had to lean over it and let him comfort nurse for a little bit and then unlatch
    Sometimes I can just put him down, other times I look like the greatest contortionist evah!
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• my trick is to keep my hands under his body until he has settled into his bed, then move one hand at a time. Time consuming but it works.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• I got my kids to sleep in their cribs with a motion/sound activated heartbeat bear and a small blanket I wore under my shirt when they were awake and then tucked in to bed with them. So it sounded like me, smelled like me, and since they were swaddled tight it felt like me

Answer by missanc at 5:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• As much as I wanted to, I never got good at it. If I tried to rock my baby to sleep and then put her down, she'd wake up screaming, no matter how long I took or how slowly I moved. I had to put her down while she was awake an let her go to sleep on her own.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• My kids slept like rocks. I could move them anywhere. I used to take my son sleeping from the car. Carry him upstairs, change his diaper and put him to bed and he never woke up.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Good luck. I'm shocked Tori is sleeping right now...but then again, I'm not as she was up all last night again :(
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• ooo i feel ur pain. my first was super easy! he slept on my constantly for the first month but after that he fell in love with his crib, slept on his back and did amazing. All he wanted was his binky and a aqua fish soother (music thingy) -- my second however took quite a bit longer and every time i tried placing her down to sleep she screamed bloody murder. only way i got her to sleep was putting her in a bouncey seat. cant tell u the amount of times i stayed up or slept on couch next to that seat and kept my hand there on her.. i slowly went from having her on me.. to that seat (and if she stirred id move my hand and shed think i was still holding her.. lol and gradually she just grew out of it.. worked our way into the crib.. kinda had to cry it out when she got bigger..
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 6:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Was never good at it. I stoped letting them sleep on my chest. Because I could never get any sleep.

Answer by louise2 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2013