i have been seeing my boyfriend for over a year is it too soon to introduce him to my family??

i am not sure if this is maybe moving too fast??? please help....

Ciny51

Asked by Ciny51 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Only if you'd like it to move into a committed future, then yes, introduce him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Nope, that doesn't sound like too fast at all.. If you guys have been together for a year!! Wow, I must have moved REALLY fast! I introduced my husband (whom I have been with for 7 years now) to my family like a couple months after dating!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If you've been seeing him for a year, I don't think it's too soon to introduce him to your family.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• No, not too soon at all!

Kind of too long IMO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Wow. Maybe it just has to do with a culture thing? I'm not sure haha, I'm Mexican American and my parents have met all my boyfriends the first time we go out on a date haha. I'm serious on that one too. When they would come and pick me up they would have to come in and meet my parents. Just a tradition, so far it hasn't freaked any guy I have dated before. But then again they were also Mexican American haha, my parents met my husband the same day he asked me out. So no I don't think you are moving too fast.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 12:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Wow..mine met my s/o two weeks after we got together. I don't believe in taking things slow. Life is way too short!
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 12:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• No way a year is a pretty long time.
    My mom met my boyfriend when we first started dating. He came to my family Christmas and it had only been 8 months..
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• No, a year is kind of long to wait IMO. If I was the s/o I'd feel slighted that it took that long.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's too soon so long as things are going well with you two. In fact, just for meeting I'd say it's fine after a few months.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 12:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I think it's just the right time. My ex husband and I waited a year. I had a great relationship with my in-laws. They trusted that i was sincere about their son.
    ...Ruth...

Answer by ...Ruth... at 12:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2009