Would you be mad if someone trashed all the sauce AND VEGETABLES of your beef roast?

I used a crock pot for the first time in my life yesterday and it came out amazing. Then I wake up today to have it for lunch and all the sauce and most the vegetables were gone!! My SO was right there and said he threw it all out because he said it would make the meat weird or soggy. I was Sooooo pissed!!!! He said get over it. I dont like meat so it has to have a lot of sauce to hide the taste. It was 5 lbs of meat so what a waste for me because I cant eat it now!!! So I took all the meat he was cutting and put it in the trash (in a clean bag on purpose so I could pull it out later) and he got so pissed!! I told him to get over it. I would have thrown the whole 5 lbs out, and I should have but he already got to it in the fridge. What an asshole right? Or is he more just a total idiot for throwing away the best part of a pot roast. He likes things dry, no sauce ever on anything but doesnt mean everyone else is that way.
So Im trying to eat it now with cheese tomatoes onions and A1 sauce. Ew! Its kind of gross but I seriously have nothing else unless it will take 2 hours to cook. So what the hell!?? I can't get over as quick as I would like, just venting and people understanding me would help

i had to use and expensive ass wine just to make the sauce! on top of that i doubled the sauce recipe because i love sauce so much and he KNOWS that. we have been together almost 6 years! i doubled the sauce AND the vegetables. why would you throw away all the vegetables, some were even organic. thats like having a chef cook you a gourmet meal and then right in front of them you dump everything but the meat on someone elses plate. dissing the chef BIG time. he said he liked the taste so wtf 

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I would say he was an idiot and probably doesn't know the first thing about cooking but your reaction was WAY overboard too.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• You seriously need counseling. You're blowing up a completely simple issue into a monumntal state. I would call my doctor if I were you and talk to a professional counselor
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Communication & respect are lacking here.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• You significantly overreacted.....seriously. He probably didn't think much about it and you went completely ballistic. Not to mention that even if you did throw it in a "clean" trash bag, I sure as hell wouldn't have eaten it after it being there.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Oh dear god woman! You are acting bat shit crazy over thrown out food! I have panic disorder as well (and I don't take meds) but I don't act like this when I'm stressed, I mean damn! You have anger problems as well as other issues it seems. Please seek counseling
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• (From both ends)
    tnm786

• If I were poor like you, or even if I wasn't if I wanted to save something food wise I would have put it away (like in tupperware) and saved it if I wanted to keep it not leave it in the crock pot overnight.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Well then it's your own fault if you were already aware of the fact that he likes things like that dry and without any sauce, etc. You should have done it yourself
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• In my house I control the kitchen. Dh knows this, so even if he cleans up after dinner and puts everything away, he always asks how it should be put away, what containers to use, and what can be combined (i.e. sauce, veggies, and meat) or not. OR... if I want something done a certain way I just do it myself or tell him how I want it done. Poor communication is such a waste. It wastes time, energy, and sometimes even perfectly good food.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• You are overreacting. Yes it's a big deal, but you're still overreacting.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 6:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2013