my ex husband keeps saying we have joint custody

we havnt been court but my ex husband keeps saying we have joint custody, because he states this he says he should get haalf my tax credit. i give him 30 pnd a week and is blackmailing me sayin if i don tgive him it he wont look after kids when i work. He looks after them 4 evening a week when i work and they only stay at his fri and sat night and brings them back in the morning. He now sayin about court, what rights do i have

tag2604

Asked by tag2604 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2013 in General Parenting

• Go to court
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Go to court. You don't have ANY rights until you do.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• You live in England? What is in your Divorce papers? Can't you get someone else to watch them?

Answer by louise2 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Truthfully he's not entitled to any of it unless he takes you to court. Of course he doesn't have to watch his own kids either. Is there anyway to find another babysitter? If it were me I'd go to court and have everything spelled out clearly when it comes to child support and visitation. It's not going to stop him from harassing you though.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• if he is your EX husband then you ahve been to court....what do the papers say as far as taxes and child support go and wth are you paying him anything????
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 6:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• You haven't been to court so here in the states you are still married. If you have filed for legal seperation, then you are seperated but still married. He is entitled to 1/2 the tax credit whether or not he watches the kids or not.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Get an attorney
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Get a lawyer. Go to court.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 10:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• im waiting for the divorce to be finalise, so im still legally married. its only recently been pressurising me about 1/2 tax credit money, he only has them 2 nights and brings them back in the morning and pick them up when i goin work. he blackmails me sayin if i dont give some tax credit money he wont look after them which mean i cant go work. hes also mentioned my daughters DLA income, its always about the money the arguments
    tag2604

Comment by tag2604 (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2013