Dreams about people who have passed on

I am troubled by this. I keep having dreams about my father who passed away four years ago. Usually in these dreams we are doing things like fishing or at a car race and he is talking to me and he tells me that he is sorry for dying that he misses me but that it was his time to go and that I should not be upset because he is happy.
Other times it's like he is in his coffin and someone shouts "OMG he isnt dead!" and we all find out that it was a mistake and that he was in a coma. A few other times he tells me that he faked his death to escape his financial issues, but now that his bills are paid off he has come back. This last one that I had last night, I called his cell phone and a woman I don't know answered. She introduced herself as his girl friend. I asked if I could speak to him, and she sounded annoyed, sighed and said, alright but just this one time because you really need to let your father rest now. I assumed that meant he was sleeping because he worked 3rd shift while alive. I did speak to him and it didn't make mush sense. I asked about his job and did he need me to help him because I was worried he might have another heart attack (Thats what killed him) and he said no that he only had one place to clean that night, then the rest of the conversation was jibberish, like he was half asleep or had Alzheimers of something, which he didn't, he was 59 when he died.
I don't understand these dreams. I have lost grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, and never dream of them. Why do I keep dreaming of my father? I hate it, even though I love him but when I dream that he is still alive then wake up and reality hits, it's like losing him all over again. I wish that I could just accept his death and move on. I will always love him and I will never forget him, but I keep wishing that he were still alive because it breaks my heart every time I wake to find out that he is gone and I can't see him again.
Any advice? Any one else deal with this? Am I going nuts or is this normal? Shouldn't I be over it after 4 years?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2013 in Relationships

• When you dream of a lost loved one that means he's coming to see you through your dreams.
    He's letting you know he's okay.
    You must think of him often, and maybe had some unanswered questions. He's trying to fill in the blanks for you.
    Keep a diary of your dreams with him. When you stop dreaming about him, then you're at peace with his death.
    It's a gift. Don't let it frustrate or scare you.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Before you go to sleep at night- reminisce about the really good times with your dad. Picture great memories and say aloud how much you love him. Maybe you can shift the dreams into something better. They will eventually stop.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• I took a class on dreams through the Catholic Church because I had dreams all the time after my mom died. The nuns said the dreams were visitations and to look at them as a gifts.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• You will never stop having those dreams. My mother died 24 years ago and I have some that are so vivid. Sometimes she is like she was when she was dying, sometimes she is has just been gone and came back. My father died 2 years ago and I have dreams of him many times a week. Some people will say they are visiting from beyond and they can only reach us when we are in that level of unconsciousness. Personally, I welcome them when they do happen. They may become fewer and far between.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• you have unfinsished business with him

what issue was left unraveled

imo- it is your mind that is unsettled and not a loved one coming to visit

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Thank you Ladies, I will start keeping a journal of the dreams, maybe that will help.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• He wants you to know he is okay, he wants you to have a better and happier life than he had, the reason the dead come to us in dreams is because of unfinished business, I am guessing that he didn't care for your baby daddy? It honestly may not have been justified, but if you are not resolved with the situation, he (meaning your dad) won't be either. Be true to yourself, if your kid's father is not good, then it is time to let him go, if he is truly worty of you then your father will stop. Hugs to you, but you need to release yourself somehow.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 11:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• My father died 2 years ago and he never comes in my dreams and I wish to meet him in dreams. Any way you should pray for the rest of his soul in heaven.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 9:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• "He wants you to know he is okay, he wants you to have a better and happier life than he had, the reason the dead come to us in dreams is because of unfinished business, I am guessing that he didn't care for your baby daddy? It honestly may not have been justified, but if you are not resolved with the situation,he (meaning your dad) won't be either. Be true to yourself, if your kid's father is not good, then it is time to let him go, if he is truly worty of you then your father will stop. Hugs to you, but you need to release yourself somehow.
    jerseydiva

2459 Level 16 1 star Relationships 101"

Do you see this in a psychic vision or something? Where did you come to the conclusion that he never liked my husband? I always thought that they got along fine. My father was basically the one that introduced us. Does my father want me to divorce him? Now I am worried.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• After suffering a miscarriage, I was totally shaken and beside myself in grief. My grandfather, who had passed away 3 years prior, came to me in a dream and it was so real. He stood in front of me and I hugged him. I could feel his whiskers and his arms and the familiar scent of his cologne. I sobbed and as I moved away to speak, he smiled and turned and walked away. I woke up, still sobbing, but could still feel it. I knew from that moment that he had my baby with him. Embrace these visits and see them as a comfort that your father is with you and that he is ok.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:34 AM on Jan. 14, 2013