Is the bond different?

i forgot what show i watched it on..

but it said something about the bond being different, like the bond is stronger if you have a vaginal birth than if you have a c-section..

do you think this is true?

mampanda0422

Asked by mampanda0422 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2013 in General Parenting

• Hmm.... my only DD was an emergency C-Section, but I can tell you that I immediately bonded with her & love her more than my own life. Maybe they're thinking that not immediately holding the baby effects it?
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• @KA91 i also had an emergency c-section.. and i didn't get to see my DS for two days.. but when i saw him i cried.. and he is my life..
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• I respectfully say to those who would imply the bond is different between c-section and v-birth, "What a load of horseshit!"
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• IDK if vag vs c- section is that big of a deal because so many vag birth mommas commit infanticide- KWIM?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• 2 days? Shoo, that would've killed me!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• They say the same about bf. I believe there is nothing stronger than a mothers love. If you bf or don't. If you deliver vaginaly or c section. If you adopt or have a seraget sp? Love is love and there is no fiercer love than a mothers.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 11:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• @ka91 i was on a lot of different drugs, i was sick and they gave me two epidurals.. its was a huge mess.. :( i wasnt conscious enough until two days after.
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• I had absolutely NO desire to have a vaginal birth. I had one emergency c-section and opted for a second. After I saw my daughter giving birth, I do NOT for one minute regret anything EVER. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Love is love and there is no fiercer love than a mothers.

Unless you are a bear :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• That's complete bullshit. My oldest was an emergency c-section, my youngest a VBAC, I bonded with both.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2013