Do u think at 40 i should hav a baby???

I hav 4 girls ,the eldest is almost 21 n youngest 9 mths.i am almost 40 but i want to try one more time to see if i get a boy baby.but wit my last kid i had my first csection ,they saw protine in my urine also my bp was high so im abit scared.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2013 in General Parenting

• No
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:00 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• That's your decision.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Its your decision, and you should make it with your doctor but you asked for opinions and mine is no
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• if i were you i would not. mainly b/c your youngest is only 9 months old. it takes the body at least 18 months to recoup from a pregnancy. and i wouldnt want to be 55+ raising two teenagers, but thats just me.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• If that is what happened with the last and the baby is only 9 months. I would say no BUT go to your Dr. and talk to him about your desire to try again and see how he feels about the health risks.
    I personally do not believe in having babies to get a particular sex but that is me.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:49 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Well, I don't necessarily think being forty has much to do with it, but what if you get another girlie?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:46 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Talk with your doctor. Don't be surprised to hear, "Wait," since your youngest is only nine months and was a c-section.

I don't think 40 is too old, but the complications you had last time make me lean toward "no."

Answer by gdiamante at 3:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• I totally agree with gdiamante on this.

Answer by louise2 at 8:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• As long as you are healthy. Not my business. Screw what anyone else has to say. Your life, your body. I'm sure others wouldn't like being told what to do with their lives.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• what if you had a 100% chance of having another girl...would you then still want a baby?
    i think having a child, just to get a certain gender is setting a responsiblibity on your yet to be unborn child

if you can say, sure either gender wouldbe a blessing- i say speak to your dr, and if you get a medical ok- then go for it

if it is only to try for a boy- then i say, count your blessings and be grateful

it is not the age that is a red flag here for me, it is the fact that you WANT something from this child, and he/she is still just a thought

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2013