Does anyone else suffer from this?

Over active sweat glands in the head??? I exercise or go dancing and my hair drips of sweat, it looks like I just got out of the shower, just my head nothing else, anyone out there relate?

Asked by older at 7:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2013 in Health

Level 68 (2,163,820 Credits)
  • we had some patients that took the botox treatment under the arms and it workedo ut pretty great, it's worth checking out GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• No not me. That would suck!

Answer by louise2 at 8:02 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• It does big time, it is a condition called hyperhidrosis....I would not mind it too much if it was under my arm but it is in my scalp!!

Comment by older (original poster) at 8:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Head bands come to mind. Lots of them.

Answer by louise2 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Yeah louise, but when you go out to a club and spend 4 hours dancing there is no head band that will do the trick! I was drenched in dripping sweat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!only in my head!!!!!

Comment by older (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• have you seen a dermatologist?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Well,,, stop going out dancing. Or like josiesmommy00.

Answer by louise2 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Yes Josiesmommy, I have and this is a condition that has a few possible remedies that might or might not work, not sure if I want to try one of them being surgery.....for removing the sweat gland in my scalp that causes this.....

and louise and stopping the dancing which is my therapy every months is not an option, I might get really sweaty in my head but the over all effect of letting loose is far more favorable. Therapeutic!!!!!

Comment by older (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• I am just looking for others here with the same problem and see how they cope or do.....I don't mind sweating when at the gym but when I am all made up and pretty it bothers me...

Comment by older (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• I'd see the doctor just to ask about it, is this new or did you always have it?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2013