What a nosy old busy body!

Yesterday my 10 y/o was out playing with the neighborhood kids. Our next door neighbor (whose son was among the group of kids playing) agreed to keep an eye on her for me while I drove my son to his friend's house. I was gone for about 1/2 hour. The lady who has the 2 brattiest kids on the block & lives 3 doors down, voiced her opinion about me "leaving my child alone" to my dau, in front of all the kids. I DIDN'T leave her alone! She knew if she needed anything to go to our neighbor's house. What a beatch! I feel like giving her a piece of my mind today. Would you?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2013 in Relationships

• I would say something only because it belittled your kid in front of others. I don't go for that. I'd politely say "Did you say.......in front of these kids, including my own?" And before she finishes, I'd tell her you'd arranged care and that her opinion is not needed. If she has pertinent questions she can come to you, the adult.

But overall, people are dumbasses.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• No - but I'd feel like you and would say something if she says it again - after checking with your neighbor (the one who was keeping an eye on her) in case you need moral support.
    stace101

Answer by stace101 at 9:10 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Sounds like she's trying to make herself look better by taking you down a peg or two to whoever will listen. Ignore it and if she has the nerve to say something directly to you confront her. I doubt she will say anything to you she sounds like a grade A loser.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Ignore. Let her assume whatever she wants. Bitter people are bitter no matter how your reply to them.

Let me ask, what IF you were to have left your 10 year old at home alone for a half an hour? Does THAT make you an irresponsible parent? You know her best. I know someone that is bitter like that and she smothers her kid and controls every second of her child's day, even her lunchtime and recess everyday at school. As long as your kids are responsible (staying within sight of the neighbor that is watching over her), happy and healthy then you don't need to be worried about what some bitter woman thinks of your parenting skills.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• I wouldn't even acknowledge her presence. I would not feel the need to explain myself to her at all. Who gives a flying crap what she thinks? Tell your Daughter if she says anything to her next time to say "here is my phone #, call my Mom if you have a problem with me".
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• I would have been like " mind your business, BITCH" but I'm an ass like that lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:15 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• If you had it set up already for someone to be keeping an eye on your daughter, then its none of her business. I wouldn't just let it slide personalty, but keep in mind that this is the kind of person who will most likely spread rumors about you. It would be best to Go speak to her, in a civil manor about the subject and remind her that its your child not hers. also if you choose to confront her, take another person with you as a witness, To avoid a 1 vs 1 situation.
    Lady_Foxstar

Answer by Lady_Foxstar at 11:48 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Ignore her. Repeat what my grandmother would have said "she's more to be pitied than scolded" over and over until you feel sorry for the old hag.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 1:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• ^^^fun: LOL!! I just found out about this morning. Why my dau didn't mention it to me yesterday when I got home is beyond me. I guess I need time to cool down. But of all people, this woman has a lot of work to do on her own parenting skills! So before she bashes someone else w/out having all the facts, she should work on the fact that her own dau is whinnier than the Nappa Valley & that her bratty son is a walking wrecking ball! Ugh!

mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Did the nosy neighbor know the other neighbor was watching your child? Or did she just assume you just left her at home alone?   You both do not know what each other know, Right?

Maybe you need to just go and talk to her about everything.

Answer by louise2 at 9:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2013