Thumb guard to stop thumb sucking.

Told Quinn that she is 5 now and will have to stop sucking her thumb. There is this device I have seen several kids at my school use to acomplish this and I was going to get one. I figured it was gimicky so I expected it to be like $30-$35... no... try $75.. WHAT? WHY?

link

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:50 AM on Jan. 13, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When my son was chewing on his coat/clothes and sucking on fingers I used this stuff called THUM I got a CVS for less than 10
    Fairierose81

Answer by Fairierose81 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Tired it. She scraped it off with her teeth and then was fine. lol. It was worth suffering for a few minutes I guess.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• I have the same problem. My almost 5 year old still sucks the thumb. I have tried finger nail painting methods such as THUM and hot sauce, different spices, just about everything - INCLUDING a thumb guard. I will tell you from experience, if your child is not ready to stop ... they won't. It is a comfort tool and you can't simply remove it like a pacifier. This is only from experience though.
    USNavyWife0330

Answer by USNavyWife0330 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• My daughter sucked her thumb. I thought she would never quit. We got those wooden tongue depressors that doctors used. Cut them in half and used Johnson & Johnson tape to tape it to her thumb each night . You cut it so it is about 1/2 inch longer than her thumb then just tape it on.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2013