Cooking for my DH????

A lot of you know my kids are grown. 34 and 28yo. So I have no kids that I have to cook for/take care of. My DH knows how to cook, he cooks as good as I do. So I have come to the conclusion the past couple of years that I do not need to cook as often.  He can help.

So I have been slowly getting him to cook dinners.  Well he has noticed, finally.  And is not happy about it.  He has said he noticed I am not cooking every single day.  I told him this. 

The kids are grown their is no reason for me to always cook.  We can wing it some nights.  And on top of that he never helps in the kitchen, as in cleaning it.  I have complained about this, with no success. I just told him do not complain about the kitchen being dirty. I will clean it when I want to clean it.  Sense you never help.

So ladies, what do you think about this?

Asked by louise2 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2013 in Relationships

• When my kids are grown, dh already knows I will not be cooking much. I am counting down the years until cooking is not mandatory, not that I want to speed up my childrens childhood, just that I hate cooking. lol
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• My dh cooks and cleans. We actually like cooking meals together, but I have no problem with a man helping out. You don't have kids at home , I'd wing it to :)
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:41 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• We have two small children. SO does most the cooking but no of the cleaning. I hope when the kids are grown he can learn to clean up after himself. I think it is fine for your husband to cook. Tell him no one likes to clean up but if you want to live in a clean house you have to clean up after yourself.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• If you both work then you should share the chores, cooking and cleaning. My mil stays home and my Fil is retired. He helps her out more than I've ever seen any man of that era (they are in their 70s), and I'm glad that's the model my husband sees and grew up with. I do most of it now because I'm a SAHM, but even though he works a lot he still helps me out.

Answer by missanc at 11:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• My Husband's gone a month at a time with his job, so I'm the one that always cooks. I look forward to when I'm not in the kitchen as much.
    My Hubby works hard though, so I like to cook for him when he's home. He does so much at home, and when he's away, anyway, it's the least I can do.
    As for you, do you work outside the home? If so, then you should both split the cooking, and cleanup, or do it together. My parents both worked, but some of the best memories I have are the two of them in the kitchen cooking.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• if you both work- you both can cook and clean

if he works and you don't -then just cook and clean the kitchen...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• My DH does most of the dinner cooking. Our rule is if you cook the other cleans.
    Works great for us.
    We wing a lot of dinners at our house because it's just the two of us.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Yes I work out side the home.

Comment by louise2 (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Charlot,,, When I was a SAHM/W, I did not mind doing all the cooking and cleaning.

Comment by louise2 (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Heck, I only cook for my kids! They eat at 5 or 5:30 pm. My DH gets home at 6:30. He likes to play with the kids & watch TV. Then when they are in bed we make sandwiches, heat up pizza, have some frozen snacks that you make in the toaster. We hang out, eat on the couch & fall asleep. My Mom cooked every night & my Dad was home by 5. After all the kids moved out she stopped cooking everyday too. They got take out or had leftovers. There is NO reason YOU should have to do all the cooking. If he wants dinner cooked every night then make up a schedule & split it maybe. My DH BBQ's that's it. BTW, I make my DH a big hero sandwich every day to take for lunch so he isn't that hungry when he comes home. Maybe make big lunches instead.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2013