Do you think men have a clue?

I wonder if men realize what pressure women are under. WE are responsible for everything. LITERALLY everything in our lives. Take cooking: First we have to decide on what foods we can buy for our budget, then adjust for family allergies and likes, shop for the food, cook the food, clean up the food, do the dishes, buy the dishes, check the mail, go through papers, maintain all the important papers, clean the house, maintain the furniture, take care of the kids health, emotional, educational needs, take care of our husbands health, emotional and physical needs, take care of the freaking pets needs, help the neighbors, work with the schools, take care of any doctoring appointments and keep track of them, remember to get the chimney cleaned and order wood for the year, maintain everyones clothing so everyone has appropriate clothing for the season that fits and is in good order.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• LOL!!! YES!! I have been thinking about this alot lately....I even thought I'd write a list of everything I do and give it to my dh, and let him make his own list...maybe then he'd see the big difference in what I do and what he does!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:08 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Well, I have a husband who helps lol.. So the pressure is there equally, and he also works outside of the home. I don't feel much pressure, but I might be the lucky one.

Sorry yours isn't understanding.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Then when we do come to a website and want to chat with other moms and get advice about how to manage all the freaking issues that WE have to deal with then we have men, probably even some of our husbands, coming on here, making fun of us and causing havoc.
    I loved it when I worked. I would work and come home. Do some chores and rest. Just like a blasted man. But now I get to do everything. EVERYTHING.
    Anonymous

• I think my husband is under just as much pressure, if not more than me. He works and provides for 6 people and he has just as much interest in if this household suceeds as I do. He takes care of the kids as much as me and he does as much laundry as me. Our roles are different but hes very much in tune with what I deal with on a daily basis.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:50 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My husband is a teacher in an inner city school. I don't know exactly what his work day is like, but I have an idea because I listen to him. Vice versa, he doesn't know exactly what my life is like on a daily basis, but he listens to me and helps where he can. It's hard to know exactly the pressure another person is under, but with good communication you can be understanding and helpful. Though there are the occasional spouses that think everything is all about themselves and never stop to wonder about the other's stress. Those people eventually get wake up calls when they have to take over for a day or two.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Oh boy I have done it all by myself before. My ex use to not just help but is still a pack rat. My current relationship we are his mine and ours and my huband of two years helps me a lot we work together and the same long hrs so we both get home tired. God blessed me in these areas. He's responsible so I'd say not all men are the same. Good luck and God bless you!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My husband helps too, but it doesn't even make a dent in my work. He has no idea how things like walls, light switches and the garbage can stay clean. He doesn't realize the amount of work that goes into the details of our home. I once saw a sitcom where the mother said, "If it wasn't for me, my family would naked and living in trees!" So true.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 1:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I think if the woman stays home then it is fair that she does the bulk of work that the house and kids require. I do work full time and am a full time grad student and I still do the majority of the things around the house and that involve the kids. I am just better organized than my husband and can handle the flow better. My husband has always had a job that requires him to be available 24/7 (he is an executive for a major corporation and before that he was in the military) . His job is much more stressful than mine and he is responsible for more than I am at work. I have the opportunity to take off of work when I need to where he does not. Everything for our children has always been scheduled around me and not him just because we never know when he is going to be home.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My husband doesn't have a clue. I get a thank you every now and then, but your summation sounds very familiar :).
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Nope.
    emilyschildcare

Answer by emilyschildcare at 3:48 AM on Feb. 14, 2009