PCOS and no period. adult content

I have PCOS and have gone a month or two without periods for as long as I can remember and had gone 6 months with no period before I got pregnant with my daughter who is 9 months old. I had been breastfeeding but had to stop due to her being allergic to the milk. I stopped when she was 3 months old and I got a light-flow period about a month or so after stopping but that's it. Anyone else experience this before?

Schpanks

Asked by Schpanks at 4:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2013 in Health

• I have. It's common but you should consult a good endocrinologist or ob gyn who understandsthis condition. It's difficult because doctors don't really understand hormone conditions very well.  You should have your thyroid and pituitary glands checked as well as estrogen and progesterone levels.  There's a PCOS group here on CM.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• good answer
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Thank you :)
    Schpanks

Comment by Schpanks (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2013