4 year old daughter pee burns and we keep her wiped and clean what can we do to stop the burning and keep it away

c20122013

Asked by c20122013 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Take her to the doctor! Sounds like a UTI or something. It shouldn't burn.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Sounds like a UTI, she needs to go to the doctor & get some antibiotics.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Take her to the doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• She has a UTI. That's why she burns when she pees. You can't do anything to prevent her from burning, except to get her to a doctor and get her on antibiotics! One of my dd's suffered with this for almost 18 months when she was at that age. It took me changing doctors and then going to a specialist at a Children's Hospital, who put her on antibiotics 3xday for 10 days, then once a day for 6 months. The regular dosage of antibiotics would kill off enough to make her feel better, but then a week later, we would be right back at the doc.

PLEASE!!! Take your baby to a doctor, as soon as you can! She has to be in a lot of pain! And she needs an antibiotic NOW!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 6:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• my daughter kept doing the same thing for over a yr shes 4 now but the pediatrician kept giving antibiotics i finally made her an appointment with a urologists cuz she would get it so bad throwing up not pee for days he put her in the hospital imediatky and ran penicillin thru her for 4 days and done tests found out her kidneys were expanding from her holding it so i would make her an appt with a urologists because i dont and wasn't giving them baths gave them showers and theyve never had sodas or tea
    notasha.taggart

Answer by notasha.taggart at 6:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• You need to take her to the doctor. If a UTI goes untreated it can turn into a kidney infection.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Is she hydrated?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• I agree she needs to see a doctor but give her water or cranberry juice if she will drink it that is what my doctor tells me to drink when I have a UTI
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• I hope by now you have taken her to her doctor....

Answer by older at 7:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Sounds like a UTI! Take her to the er! When dd was 2 she had that , turns out she had kidney/urinary reflux.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2013