Court tomorrow... Yay!! Yes, that's sarcasm....

I have court tomorrow to determine if deadbeat is going to start picking up insurance like he is supposed to. I am worried that he will just get off scott free like he always does. Just my luck!! I have all of my paperwork that I need to take with me but, I feel like I am still missing something.

I know that that I shouldn't be nervous but I can't help it. I am wondering do you think I should bring up that he hasn't seen him since April 2012? I know it's just a modification for the insurance but, I am not sure if they would up his child support because of that. What are your thoughts??

I am not trying to be petty I just want insurance for him since my work doesn't offer it, and his does since he works for the city.

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2013 in Relationships

• First off, you are not being petty. And, yes the fact that he hasn't bothered to see his child will make him look bad to the judge.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Yes you should mention it. I know in NC, the amount of child support is based on how many nights the child is with either parent so it would make a difference in support.

Answer by missanc at 5:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• I assume that you have a lawyer representing you?

I believe that it may be pertinent to mention that he has not seen him If he is supposed to have him a certain part of the week and not just sveral hours of visitation.

I also assume that he does have insurance through his work? If so then I can't understand why they are not doing something about his not providing it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• him not seeing child sucks
    but unless he is suppose to have child 25% or more
    it will not change amount of cs

dads with every other weekend pay same as those that are once a year

in my state at least, you have to have child more than 25% to make a money diff

it is normal and heathy to be nervous
    plan to do a little something for yourself after... a manicure, a cup of expensive coffee, a new cd, a walk , a book= anything tht is a little something. you ccan think about this little something when you are getting nervous= something to focus on when it is over- and do it too
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• The attny general has called for the hearing. When we went in for a modification hearing in August he contested to putting him on his insurance. If I could get insurance I would but, I can't even get anyone to cover me now because of my condition. I just think he is being so stupid for doing this.
    I don't have an attny because the one I did have basically took my money and ran. So I am going in there alone because I am broke. I just hope it goes well. I am kinda freaking out a bit. I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well!!
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• I also forgot to mention that when I talked to the mediator that day that she did say that they will probably be looking at the CS too. I almost forgot about that. She said that if they have him do the insurance that they will modify CS. I guess that's why I was wondering if I should even me tion him not seeing or getting him at all. Shoot... I dunno what to do! Dang!
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2013