Have you seen the new "U" by Kotex Commercial? adult content

About the myths about periods.... It makes me seriously want to hurl when she says, "people can smell my period".... WTF? That's the most disgusting thing ever. They she goes on to say it's a myth. The hell it is. That's one of the grossest things in the world when you can smell someone....

Oh, anyway, I find it gross, have you seen it?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 9:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2013 in Health

• I have not and that is gross. Kotex sucks at advertising! Remember this ad campaign? 

Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• I'm actually a fan of these. It's true that there is LOTS of misinformation passed on thru generations about periods, and not only periods, but sex, virginity, pregnancy, etc.
    The girl on one commercial said she was taught that if she used a tampon she wouldn't be a virgin anymore.
    This is the kind of stuff that has to stop. It's going to make Answers really boring, but at least I won't have to post my "Facepalm" pic as often.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• I have not seen that.

I haven't had a period in so long I can't remember.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• A clean woman who's wearing a tampon you won't smell, but yeah, I know what you mean.

I always think of "Carrie" when the crazy bible thumping mother tells her "the boys can smell the blood on you".

Some girls don't even get the talk. They get a box of pads thrown at them. And they have no idea how often they should be changed, or if they run out, they are afraid to ask their mom to buy more because the situation is handled so poorly. I had one girl tell me her mom was mad at her for getting her period because they couldn't afford pads.
    Then it snowballs- if mom can't talk about periods she isn't going to talk about birth control, or visiting the gynecologist....
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• Eh, yes....
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• But it's not a myth that you can smell it PGA. I can a lot of times... I know my nose is overly sensitive, but I can notice it on women. Yuck.
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2013

• LOL PGA, I remember my mother gave my brother and I an encyclopedia to look at....
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2013