Do it or not??

So I want to have another baby and dh doesnt. Our oldest will be 8 next month and our youngest is 5. he is not toally against it and considers it sometimes. im considering having the iud removed and just "happening" to get pregnant. What do ya think? It wouldnt be for a few months since I want to have a summer baby this time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• as long as your hubby knows your taking it out why not?
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• thats the point. im thinking i might not tell him or maybe i will and still just let it "happen" so to speak
    Anonymous

• I don't think it is right to not tell him. It should be a decision you both make together.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 12:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• he goes back and forth with it all the time. im more like if were gonna do it lets just do it. i know once it happens there is no going back so he would just so ok but its the actual deciding part. the only reason he doesnt want to do it is because he says he doesnt want to start over and we dont get too many breaks from our kids now. thats actually the reason why i dont care about having another. im always with my children anyway
    Anonymous

• I don't know. When I thought my SIL was going to do this to my brother I told him. Their kids were a lot younger than yours though. My brother was very adamant about no more. Your hubby is somewhat on board...see if you can talk him into it. ; )
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If you tell him (REALLY tell him, not just cryptic hints that no man could possibly understand), then it's fine. If you don't tell him, then it's very wrong.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If you do it behind his back, that is completely selfish and wrong. Having another child is something that will impact both of you, and you should both be part of the decision making process.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 1:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Having another child is something that you will both have to face. It's not right to trick him (by not telling him upfront and giving him a say in the matter) and FORCE him to face being a dad again when he didn't really want to be dad again (or at least not just yet)
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 1:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Your body is yours to do what you choose to, so only you can decide when to take out your IUD. HOWEVER, if you do it behind his back and then he finds out (and people always do) that you deliberately got pregnant when he really didn't want to or wasn't sure, then you have showed him that his feelings on the matter meant nothing to you. If you really want another child you need to be honest with him and tell him that. And if he really doesn't want another child, then maybe you should respect that. There are other avenues to focus that maternal energy rather than twisting his arm and forcing the matter.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 1:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2009