I'm kind of curious as to what would make it ok to you for someone to have a CDMR?

Cesarean done on maternal request meaning without medical indication at 39 weeks but usually with a psychological indication such as tokophobia. Is fear or previous sexual abuse trauma enough to warrant surgery? Do you believe that after people have been explained all the risks of the medical procedure that they should be able to choose how they give birth?

FYI: Yes it's been pretty well studied in the UK and they've found that when you don't give women wih these kind of conditions c-sections who request them it usually ends in them being psychiatrically hospitalized.
I know for myself I would have needed to be sedated if they had not given me the epidural as early as they did with my son. Pain in sexual body parts sets off a violent panic in me so c-section worked very well because it was abdominal surgery,no genitals involved.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 2:51 AM on Jan. 14, 2013 in General Parenting

• Dr's should do what is best for their patients and if someone has this much post traumatic stress then I think a C-Sec makes sense for them.  I haven't heard how common this is so I have no idea if doctors run into this situation regularly.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I think if drs and patients decide a csection is the best route of delivery for mom and baby then that's what should be done.

Answer by missanc at 5:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• What would make it ok? Request it, pretty simple. Whatever a patient/dr discuss/decide is their business, no one else's
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:51 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• If it's not my body, it's not my business.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2013