What Can We do?

I recently asked a question about why Dr. Phil would say DCFS might not let Octomom keep all of her children, but they return children to extremely dangerous homes everyday. Homes where most of them end up dead.

Here is a video link which includes a DCFS worker stating that they plan to return a baby to her parents after he own FATHER put her in a microwave and turned it on (resulting in 3rd degree burns to her face and arms), and the wife is going to stay with him.

What the Heck is wrong with DCFS. What can we do to stop it?

Does anyone know how to actually get someone like the President involved??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZdPVTjt9wc

Sharon7772

Asked by Sharon7772 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• writing letter and lots of petitions
    sierra_617

Answer by sierra_617 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Ironic thing is this the government that what half of our country wants to run EVERYTHING?

baaaa baaaaa and the drones drone on and on.
    Anonymous

• I'd be interested also in finding out how to put a stop to this. I'm sick of seeing on the news that another child has died at the hands of their parents or someone close to them because cps returned them to the home even if there was evidence of abuse.
    Anonymous

• ""writing letter and lots of petitions""

I recently heard that on-line petitions are not even considered valid. Only petitions that have been hand signed with names and addresses included are given any kind of real notice.

And if you write a letter to the president, will he actually get it?
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Stop what? CPS should investigate this home. She obviously has mental health issues, issues of fraud, issues that she is unable to provide for these children. CPS is a government agency, people voted a pres who WANTS government in our lives in all aspects, why write the government to stop it? This same government that people voted to SAVE and fix everything?!? Let CPS, the government, fix this. This whole thing is a travesty, these children are being exploited already, which puts them in danger. Three of her oldest six have disabilities that are in need of special care, how will she be able to care for eight babies who will most likely be disabled as well, if the two who are grossly grossly underweight even make it.

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 1:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i would never do online petitions personally might have to do it the old fashion way and go door to door
    sierra_617

Answer by sierra_617 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I'm game to help getting this out there... foster home can be so dangerous... i have been in them and had friends in them... nothing bad happened to me (i always ran) but i have horrible things... how can these people get these children?

cps needs to do random unannouced pop up visits... it should be mandatied
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Okay well I didn't watch the video because while I know things like this go on I dont need proof it just makes me sick, but I would say the best thing is to do a petition either online or sit in front of a grocery store and get signatures, but you are right something has to be done, I do not think that this mother and her 14 children should even be a subject with CPS, does no one know what its like in foster care? Why is everyone in such a hurry to say they should take her children away? IMO if that were to happen the kids would just suffer even more and that is unfair to them. The sad thing is is that California is so badly in debt right now I am sure there will be quite a few CPS case workers getting laid off, with all the stupid budget cuts they are doing here. If you do a petition though let me know

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• DFCS picks and chooses their battles. They have a certain rulebook they use to pull children from their homes and to also return those same children. If all the hoops are jumped thru, they return them.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:19 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• ""Stop what? CPS should investigate this home""

Stop DCFS from taking children away forever from homes that are struggling, but actually love their kids and would never physically hurt them (I've seen it), But then, at the same time, giving babies back to families that severely abuse them, some to the point of death.

Why are they so back-asswards?
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 14, 2009