I haven't forgotten. Have you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 AM on Jan. 14, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• name the Columbine victims
    name the Virginia Tech victims
    name the Winnetka victims
    name the University of Texas victims

if you care so much, you'll know all of those, too, and all the ones I didn't list.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Does that mean never move on? What does it mean to never forget? Because if you have ever experienced trauma, and I have, then you know there is a point in healing where it is okay to move forward. To be happy. To live again. Even parents move forward. This I know from personal experience. It also helps when others around you keep moving on. Grief is hard and painful but it is also personal. When I was young I saw my sibling die in front of my eyes. I was a teenager and he was seven. It was vert unexpected and the most Earth shattering thing to go through. My parents were devistated. But they healed. We don't get over what could have been but that pain, the intensity, does diminish. Some days you can forget. And while that person or event is seared forever in your heart...to be healthy we have to move on and have time to be happy with other things.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:43 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• No,I won't forget

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I won't forget.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• theres forgetting the tragedy which would be bad and most never will, even those of us who have no ties to anyone in CT. its been almost 20 years since the OKC bombing and here some wounds are still raw.

but then theres dwelling on it, memorizing names of children you didnt know before, being obsessed with it to the point that you cant move on with life. unless you lost someone that day, this level would be unhealthy.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• i don't dwell on past events.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Do you know the names of all the 9/11 victims?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Why just the children?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I haven't fogetten them. Nor have I forotten the poor children that were killed when a bomb detonated right under their daycare in the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. People seem to forget that one. There were 19 children involved in that attack, but it seems to have slipped everyone's mind since 9/11 and the terrible events of December, 2012. However, just because I do not think about it everyday or talk about it everyday, doesn't mean I have forgotten. It just means that I have come to a point that I know rehashing it every day will only bring pain to the survivors and their families.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:51 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• no anon I have not forgotten but I dont need reminders that being back the crushing , unable to breathe moment when I saw the breaking news ticker. I was on my knees praying and crying.

I dont want to relive that on a daily basis.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2013