Do you remember?

When Answers was so active. So much has changed here. There use to be 30 or more questions an hour what happened. I hardly come here anymore because is has become boring. The debate sections is dead, The regulars are getting as bad as the trolls. Drama bullying and down right rudeness

I been here since before points and sad to seem so many have left due to this.

In all honesty what has changed here, and how can we get it back to the way it was, informative and fun?

Went ANON because I dont nee the dram today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I don't want the dram...so I'll start a drama post and run.

How kind of you, anon - and you wonder what's wrong around here...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:08 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Q
    how can we get it back to the way it was, informative and fun?

A
    do not do this.... "I hardly come here anymore because is has become boring."
    when you do come on, try to make a few good questions, and answer a bunch too
    be part of solution.

as for drama stuff etc
    use ignore button as usual (the ignore button came supplied to you to use when you signed up for this site). as you have been here forever, maybe you misplaced it or it has worn out- check batteries and replace with new ones- if your button is not working, you can borrow mine until a new ignore button can be reordered for you
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• So really the only thing that has changed is the method by which the passive aggressive whining takes place, and even that hasn't changed much. I remember when PC&E used to be the ugliest section. Now that all the bullies have left to groups those that supported them are left to their own defenses and tend to be whiners when they aren't getting the back-up they used to get for hate speech, now they whine under the guise of anon. (And this goes for any section not just PC&E)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• dont like it? Dont come.
    How to see the regulars as trolls? Because you dont like their blunt advice? Should we all just hold hands and sugar coat everything?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I don't know about the rudeness. I see a lot of that coming from newbies that don't like the daily dose of honest feedback they get at times. That's alright, I know there are always some people that need sunshine blown up their ass. This isn't, nor has it ever been in the 5 years I have been around, a place for validation and support. Can you find that here? Sure, but if people think you are part of the problem they are going to tell you.

As for Answers and making it what it used to be? That ship has sailed. If you don't like what it is now, then be part of the solution you seek.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I do remember a time when there used to be over 30 questions an hour. I also remember that 98% of them were troll questions or ridiculous questions posted just because someone had a question ont he main page that someone else didn't like so they would spam the boards with trivial crap to move the question posted by the person they didn't like to the second page.

As for Drama, bullying and "downright rudeness". I haven't noticed any changes really. Instead of DVing as many times as a person can with their own name, tehir alternates and begging their friends to dv the same they are going anon. Instead of whining about being DV'ed they now make drama by whining about the "lack" of drama because the section is so boring, again anon. And instead of finding their "friends" to rally behind them when they act like trolls they are forced to stick it out on their own. Cont.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I don't think there is any going back. I agree, it has gotten way slower than it used to be, and debate is almost dead here-but that has to do in part at least, with people being uppity and reporting everything they don't seem to like now
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• it changed b/c CM wants to get rid of it like they did Journals, ShowDowns, etc...but we threw a fit and they're letting us keep it for now. but since they wanted to get rid of it they took away the tab that led new & legit CMers here, which meant only the kicked off trolls and us regulars who went looking for the section have it. then the admins started lurking around under fake names making up drama (anon & signed) that drove a lot of great ladies away. the only reason this section is still around is thanks to the great uprising that happens every time they pull some stupid shit that makes their plan to obvious. they want answers to die b/c it doesnt make them money...and its working. they dont want to be the bad guy who obviously is taking things away...so they are doing it from within. and you are helping them by leaving cause its "boring". how are you contributing?

and thats my conspiracy theory for whats happened haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:14 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I kinda like the drama. That is, when I actually get to see it before people get report happy.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:48 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Wow. I was unaware when I signed up for this site some 6 years ago or so that I had to change who I was to keep other people happy. Do I get a little overly snippy sometimes? Sure do. But that is how I am IRL to. We all have bad days. It is a part of life.
    As for the debate sections being slow, I think alot of that has to do with some of the report happy people around here. It's amazing how fast some things go poof around here.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2013