Does your kid have a toy that says something weird?

My twins have this little Elmo Shake and Giggle doll that yells out "Yippie Ki Yi" all the time, and every time I half expect Elmo to finish with profanity (like Bruce Willis in Die Hard - I think). I know I'm not the only one who hears it this way because my husband died laughing the first time he heard it too.

Anyone else's kid(s) have this Elmo or another toy that messes with you?

TweenAndTwinMom

Asked by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:52 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My lil one got a set of twin dolls that talk to eachother. thy worked when they were connected in the box but when they were taken apart one didn't work.
    The one that does work now says stuff like "I see you" and "where did you go," I think she is looking for her lost twin... creepy.
    we also had this obnoxiously loud toy that played music. Every time we'd try to throw it away it would start playing in the garbage and between my lil sister and my two girls we always got caught. anyway finally we ran it out one day when the girls weren't home.....
    guess what my youngest got next christmas????? yeah.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 4:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• you mean like this? weird doll quote

Anonymous

• Thanks Anon - I had heard about those dolls, but I hadn't ever seen them.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My kid has a play vacuum cleaner that she plays with all the time, and it says things like "Uh oh, who spilled the beans???" or "Who spilled the Milk?" It makes me mad because those aren't things that you vacuum up. Who vacuums up milk, seriously? I don't know why it makes me mad but it does. Lol.
    Mom2vanna

Answer by Mom2vanna at 1:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• haha, that's funny Mom2vanna
    Anonymous

• My daughter had the my little pony that said, "You're an idiot!" Couldn't believe it, it was supposed to say, "I love you." Needless to say we returned it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My mom gave my son a little red monster thing for Valentines day that held a heart and sang that weird song from the diet cherry pepsi commercial that goes "m' nah m' nah" or something like that! Not sure if it's an actual song or what. It was pretty cute though!
    Anonymous

• We have that doll that says "isalm is the light". It really says that. I swear it does. It was kind of amusing at first now its just annoying. It will just start talking for no reason even when someone isnt playing with it. I frequently switch it off!
    When my boys were little they had a fisher price remote car & although it didnt talk, sometimes it would start moving by itself when nobody was playing with the remote. One night it came down the hall by itself from the bedroom when everyone was in the living room. It was creepy. We figure it must have been on the same frequency as something else in the area.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:19 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Mom2Vanna, I have the sam vacuum and the milk comment annoys me too!
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• snopes says those dolls do not say what they did. But I told my husband cause a customer had a fit at work. He didn't believe me and I drove the whole family to Walmart to show them. They did say Islam is the light.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2009