does davids bridal include alterations with the purchase of the dress

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• nope. everything is separate.
    Anonymous

• how much do the alterations usually run?
    Anonymous

• My friend got her dress there and alterations were around $100
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• nope for my wedding dress it was close to 200 dollars for alterations alone... but i had many layers to the dress.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Nope, Thus why id didnt go there, I just got my dress at a little boutique in town. It is a designer dress and cost alot of money but all my alterations are free if the dress does not come back perfectly fitting me or if I lose weight. After paying 800 dollers for my dress there would be no way in hell I would pay for alterations!
    MAMMA2DYANDTY

Answer by MAMMA2DYANDTY at 1:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• No, and it can really add up. I would avoid raising the whole hem. Look for shoes at the right height so you don't have to. That can run $200 just for that.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• No, I got my dress, shows, undergarments and alterations there and walked out paying only 700 for the whole thing. It really depends on what alterations you need done. As far as the hem being 200 just for the, my alterations were 75 for everything....it also depends on how big/poofy or dressy the gown is.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i bought a beautiful dress off ebay for $150. just beautiful. davids was to pricey for me for a dress i would wear once.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• No, nothing is "included". But IMO, it's far cheaper going to davids bridal than it is going to a bridal boutique. Those dresses can cost well into the thoasands. Where Davids you can get a nice dress for a couple hundred, and spend $100 on simple alterations. Good deal compared to the bridal shoppes out there.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• nope..in fact i went there to get my wedding dress and the dress it's by its self was 600 and the under garments was over 100 and the alterations was 100 and the bustling was an addition fee all together i think it was like 1,200 dollars..now i am trying to off load this stupid dress...lol it sooo not worth it.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2009