What is a good wine for someone who doesn't like wine?

My husbands family are wine drinkers and i like beer or fruit drinks. They are the type who will search the world so to speak for a wine for anyone, but as for beer the "men" prefer dark beer or weird ones i won't drink and i don't wanna have a 6 pack to myself that i won't drink but two. So anyways i wanna have wine with the girls that a really like. What i don't like about wine is to me the red wine they get is tart and dry and taste like bad yogart. And I've tried pino and i don't care for it eather

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 12:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Try Lambrusco. You can get a bottle at the grocery store for about $5 and it's pretty good. And what they say about wine, that it's an aquired taste, that is very true. I used to hate wine, now I have found a few that I really like.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Put beer and a drop of red food coloring in a wine glass if you want to fit in. I like beer much better too.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Why do you have to drink wine? I don't understand. If you don't like it, don't drink it. I don't like wine so I don't drink it.
    Anonymous

• Lambrusco is very tasty not expensive and mellow. (I am not a wine connoisseur, but I've tasted it, its good)

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 1:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I never liked wine either, but my SIL drinks Beringers White Zinfandel and I tried it one day. It's actually very good and I even buy it for myself now and then! Doesn't have that nasty taste like red wines. And it's not too expensive at all, so if you end up not liking it, it's no big deal! I've tried a few other white zinfandels and they're all pretty good.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Maybe try a Sangria - a sweet, fruity wine drink.

SotilSol

Answer by SotilSol at 1:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Try a semi sweet reisling, it is not very expensive but very good.
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Or a Lambic - fruit beer. Framboise (raspberry flavored lambic) or Kriek (cherry) look like wine, and taste more like wine than beer, without the dryness.

SotilSol

Answer by SotilSol at 1:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Anon. I don't HAVE to drink wine but if i get something i like then I kmow others will also drink it so nothing will be bought or not bought "just for me"
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 1:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I love arbor mist... it has the same alcohol content as wine, and comes in different flavors ... soo yummy!! It tastes just like sweet juice!!
    mamajojo

Answer by mamajojo at 1:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2009