Is he really that small?

My sister said she is worried bout her son because he is 4.5 and he is only 35 pounds. She said he has only gained a pound in 2 years. The dr hasn't said anything. I don't know how tall he is, but he is also short not that short though

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2013 in General Parenting

• my son is 3 (size of a 4 yr old though) and he is 36 lbs and hasnt gain any weight in over a year either, Its normal.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• My son turned 4 in November. He's 35 lbs and at his recent dr visit that was right at the 50%, completely normal. That's not small at all.

Answer by missanc at 8:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Ok thbanks. She keeps saying she is worried about his weight. My sister is tiny though and always have been.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• My 5 year old weighs 35 lbs. I used to worry about his weight but it's normal for him. He's healthy as can be.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• If the doctor isn't concerned then I wouldn't be. If it bothers her then she should mention it to the doctor. Get his height and weight and go online and get his percentiles now and also over the last couple years to show his trend.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• 35 lbs at 4 can seem thin because all the pant waists are huge! With adjustable waists I always have to pull until they are terribly bunched up, and even elastic waist pants sometimes aren't tight enough. But it's an average weight.

Answer by missanc at 9:22 AM on Jan. 14, 2013