how accurate does this sound?

I just had a four week miscarriage on Dec.17th.
My period has not came since then.
I had unprotected relations on January 10th.
I tested today and it was negative.
According to the box it says if you are irregular to test 19 days after the day you conceived.
So...lets say the sperm lived for 3 days after the 10th...I could have conceived as early as the 10th or as late as the 13th right?
So 19 days from the 10th would be January 29th. And 19 days from the 13th would be February the 2nd? So would that be pretty accurate to say that It's a positive negative result??
The reason I'm so unsure is because my boobs started being sore this week...but I have been working out so I don't know.
Could it be i'm getting ready to have my period and that is why i have the sore boobs? prior to my miscarriage i never had sore boobs.
What do you think????

newbeginnings11

Asked by newbeginnings11 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It's normal not to get your period right after having a miscarriage. Plus, If you haven't had one not once since you had a miscarriage than you aren't regular yet, therefore it would be harder to get pregnant until your regular again.
    Anonymous

• I would say the test is accurate, BUT you could have gotten pregnant within the last week or so if you had sex and a test would not detect it until about 2 weeks later. It is very common for your periods to be irregular after a loss and if you are having sex then you can get pregnant even before you get your period again, so you'll need to test every couple of weeks or so.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Women can get sore boobs during their cycle. Hormonal changes cause it. That doesn't mean you're pregnant though.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2009