What in your life,makes you the most sad?

Mine is that due to my son's autism,and his lack of any real speech,that he and I have never had a conversation
He cannot tell me how his day was,if he feel sick,sad,mad,or frustrated. He cannot tell me he loves me.
We have yes/no conversations,and multiple choice questions

I feel so brokenhearted when I see a little one jabbering on to their mom. I never had that,and never will

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2013 in Relationships

• and thanks for asking this btw. it made me confront the overwhelming anxiety im having today that was buried and brought it to the surface so i could have a good cry and let some of it out. maybe ill have a good day after this :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• My son has PDD-NOS and is mostly non-verbal. I have learned to pick up on the little things he does as signs of what he i trying to say. Something as simple as a hug from him fills me with joy because I know that's his way of saying "I love you."
    As far as what I am sad about right now, you want the whole list? Ok, you asked for it,
    1. My dad is lying in a hospital bed after a massive heart attack and we have to decide when to let him go.
    2. I have no vehicle to go back and forth to see him.
    3. I have no money to get another vehicle.
    4. My kids are upset about their grandpa and there is nothing I can do to fix it,
    5. My mother is in a nursing facility and I had to tell her about my dad over the damn phone.
    Well, I think that about covers it. So, you could say my life SUCKS right now.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Mine is knowing that my children have to grow up in a hell of a lot worse world then I had too.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• That my mom and I will never have any type of relationship other than superficially. She is a hyper-critical person and I can do nothing right in her eyes (at least to my face.)
    And I am very sad that because of how she has been for all of my life, I feel resentful that I am kind enough to help her and care for her as she goes through treatment for breast cancer.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• That the environment I was raised in was one that made me constantly nervous and anxious. My parents yelled a lot. Now, when we watch old movies, they laugh at the fact that I am constantly NOT still, popping my knuckles, fiddling with my hair. It was THEIR fault and they still laugh at me. How could they expect anything else? It was their job to make me secure, and they failed at that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• hugs butterfly

remember like it was yesterday, tearing up with happiness when my daughter started to say a few words
    other kids her age, had been talking in complete sentences for ages
    even if she was mad at me or situation, and she was having a huge fit, if she said a few words...
    i would be smiling and counting her words while she would be fitting
    i would be pleased as punch..one, two, three...she said three in a row! (and she was opposite of happy)
    i cried when i read same exact situation in a Jenny McCarthy book
    ----------
    what makes me sad
    - when my daughter says she misses her dad, and i have no answer (that i can tell her), to why he is not around
    - when i compare my daughter to her peers, it makes me sad, things that i missed out on, unknown future for her
    - when she has an autism meltdown and it completely out of her mind and i have to keep her from harming herself (and i protect my eyes from getting sc
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Hugs, butterfly! Honestly, that is one of my sadnesses too. I had a dream the other night that my Victoria looked at me and said, "I love you, mama!" I woke up crying. My other is that my ex wasn't able to grow up & be the partner I need, & yet I can't stop loving him.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Wow, Butterfly, that's hard. I wish I could say something that would make it better. One of my favorite things about watching my daughter grow up has been to hear the things she says and how much she learns every day.

So much makes me sad; there's a lot I just can't fix. I'm sad because I really want to have another baby, but the man in my life doesn't want to, so we probably won't. Meanwhile, people who can't care for babies or don't truly want them have them every day. It's not fair. I'm sad that my ex husband is languishing alone with a disease doctors aren't even trying to cure because it is so rare. He has amazing artistic talent, and many people are wasting lives that he won't ever have. I'm sad because Ifeel like an orphan, even though my parents are alive and live a few blocks from me. Those are the biggies, and some days like today, they make me want to just crawl back in bed and stay there.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Being stuck, I am literally stuck somewhere I don't want to be on more than one level.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2013

• the fact that everything I have tried as far as bettering myself to make anything above min. wage
    *technical schools and such (which I graduated from)...I have failed at being able to use- for different reasons.
    I tell my kids all the time "don't be like me" go to school and have a plan for yourself
    *sigh*
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2013