have you ever been around a friend or someone who doesn't have kids with your chid.. and after being together after a lil bit ask omg how do you do it?

LOL my son is only 11 months old.. and my friend was with in the mall for about an hour last night and she was like omg i'm exhausted (she was carrying him and playing with him and stuff) how in the world do you do it ALL THE TIME. And my son is GOOD. I just laughed.
Have you ever given it any thought?? I never thought about it until she said that.. It seems like nothing to me. But I remember babysitting and I couldn't wait to give that kid back LOL But its so different as a mom isn't it??? Do you ever think how do i do it?? This is just for fun..

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 1:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think we are so into our routines that dealing with babies and toddlers is just... normal. My toddler is going through a "volume control" phase right now, and his babbling is always more of a screech. The whole family gets together every Monday night for dinner, and one of his uncles asked if he screams like that all the time, and how do I deal with it... I think I'm numb to it now. His screechy babbles are just background noise and I hardly ever register that I'm hearing it...

I think we're programmed to have more patience for our own children than other people's though... Nature's way of making sure we don't all abandon them...
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 1:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Yes! I've been asked that too, after a night of a few beers and some late night card playing, I got up with my 10 month old daughter at 7am like usual, and my friend who spent the night was like "OMG, I don't know how you do this??" At it was a nice compliment I thought, to know that doing something that seems like second nature to you, makes you look like superwoman to someone else.
    Mom2vanna

Answer by Mom2vanna at 1:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• It is completely different when it is your child. My dd is high need so I have some days where I think I am going to lose my mind, but I usually don't even think about it. It all has become second nature and I couldn't imagine my life any other way.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I'm the only one of all of my female relatives with kids who's a stay at home mom. They all said they'd $*#($*)#@($)!@+ if they ever had to stay home with their kids.
    Anonymous

• In addition to my relatives being totally baffled that I could stand to be a stay at home mom like I said earlier, they've regarded me high enough to take care of their own kids on and off through the years. i used to say sometimes i felt like I was wrapped in saran wrap with a child wrapped to me. But I felt and feel with kids still at home years later that I'd rather be there for my kids after school and at night than any one else. We're lucky that our finances allow that. I absolutely support mothers who work by choice to be better women and moms and those who work for financial need. I love being a mom oh but not like the octupls mom - we took responsibility and choose that I'd tie my tubes after our third baby. I've always wanted to be a mom but not always to be raising babies.
    Anonymous

• lol- I think the thing is, that as Mom's, we sort of ease into it - we have 9 mos of being pg, morning sickness, the baby is making it so we can't sleep, etc, then the baby is born, but we're already sort of used to being sleep deprived, etc.

Also, we're able to do it because we know we don't have a choice ;-) the babysitter / friend does - they can always say no the next time, or count down until the kid goes home... ;-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I have a friend with one child, and whenever she comes to my house with my three kids, she ALWAYS says that when she leaves. She calls me her hero because I have three kids a job and I go to school.
    I also have a screamer of a baby, and my oldest is non verbal and autistic and always yells or make noise, so I totally understand the lady who said she is numb to it. When I go out however someone almost always says to me " I don't know how you do it"
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 2:08 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I have twin toddlers, so yeah I do get asked how I do it a lot. I don't know how I do it, I just do (I'm a Mom!). I also think there are a lot of people out there that have it harder than me who are "doing it" too. I don't feel like I have it all that bad; I actually think I am incredibly lucky -there are two little people that let me know they are happy to see me every morning (wish one would wait until after 5am, but I'll take what I can get while she's still giving it). The affection is not so obvious with my 12 year old, but it's still there. I think the joy they bring to me gives me the energy I need to do the hard parts...and sometimes I sleep in and let Dad get some of the good stuff too!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• we're mothers we learn to do and cope with alot of shit. thats what makes us so wonderful
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I've been asked that a few times. My response is either "With a lot of caffeine" or "because I don't have a choice". I chose to have my babies, therefore I take care of them.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 6:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2009