DS has ear infection with tubes

Yes I know this is possible. This is his 2nd set of tubes but he's first ear infection in 8 months and the 2nd set was put in 7 months ago. I already have the drops I need to be using. My concern is that usually when he has an ear infection he has fluid drain out and its usually clear. This time its very thick and brownish red. Its so think I need to clean it out a little because it plugs his ear up.
My question is this some what normal for those who experienced this or should I get a hold of his doctor again?
I think it started Friday when he had a high fever but he finally said his ear was hurting Sunday and that's when I saw the gunk, so I got a hold of his doctor and they order the drops and I have been using them.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Sounds like the tubes are coming out and/or have ripped the eardrum
    That's blood coming out

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I would call the doctor, my first born had this happened and her ear drum burst! and to this day at 35 she still has problems in that one ear.....

Answer by older at 12:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2013