How old were you when you had your kid(s)? What age do you wish you were when you had your Kid(s), if you had the option of chosing?

How old were you when you had your kid(s)?
What age do you wish you were when you had your Kid(s), if you had the option of chosing?
Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2013 in General Parenting

• I had just turned 23 when I had my first. I wish I had waited another 3-4 years at least. I love my kids and don't regret having them, but I wish I had given myself more time. I had only been out of college a year, I wish I had experienced more "life"

Answer by missanc at 1:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• 19 with my DD and 21 with my DS. I wish I waited till 26 to 28
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I had my first two in my twenties, 26, 27, and my third came at 40! I was ready for the first two but not for the last one, it was quite surprising to find me pregnant at 40! but it turned out I was more relaxed and at ease than in my 20's. I really would not change a thing with me, you just need to be ready to be a parent at any age...

Answer by older at 1:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Also - were you TTC when you got pregnant or an unplanned pregnancy?!?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Had my first at 35, my second when I was 38. I am glad when I had them at that age because I had gotten all the "bad" things out of my system like drinking and being out late etc. when I had both I was committed to being a stay at home mom with a wonderful husband and we both were and still are committed to our children and now they are at the age where we can all appreciate things together.
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 1:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I was17 and 23 when I had my 2 DD's. Being totally honest here. The way I feel about how my DD's are treating me right now. I wish I would never had kids at all. Busted my ass to raise those two girls. Did the best I could and they do this to me.

Answer by louise2 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I had my son when I was 22 almost 23. I wish we'd had him a few more years down the road. It just seems like we did everything backwards. We had a baby, got married, and then finished college.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I was 22 with my son. Back then I wish I would've waited but now I think it's good. I don't think I would want to be an older mother. By the time he graduates I will still be young enough to enjoy his babies when/if he has them... lol
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• First at 39, TTC for 13 years. Many problems, finally happened. Second at 44, BIG happy surprise, we were not TTC. Glad both happened later since we did everything we wanted already. Would have liked to have more but it happens when it happens. Now we're done. I'm thankful no matter what.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• i was 42
    ten years earlier would have been nice

but it was a blessing it happened at all
    so, zero complaints here
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2013