Speaking of actors, did you catch the golden globes last night?

i only made it through about an hour and fell asleep. how was the rest of the show? and whats all the buzz about jodie foster's acceptance speech? ive heard some say she 'came out'??

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2013 in Entertainment

• She's been out for years. Some people weren't paying attention?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• lol! i wasn't paying attention. well, good for her. she won the lifetime acheivement award right?
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• She kind of did, I think. It was hard to understand what she was saying. She really annoyed me. She seem so full of herself. She''s not at all humble.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• see that's the thing, im hearing conflicting things about her speech. some say it was awesome, others are saying she rambled on and on incoherently. i guess ill have to youtube it for myself later.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Yes she did and not in a flashy way. She talked about starting her career as a 3 year old and continueing on to the present day. She thanked her best, friend her sould mate and lover and a few other compliments for always being there. I believe she mentioned her two sons as well. And spoke about cherishing her privacy and how it is hard when everyone tweets and everyone wnats to know everything and how she wanted and needs her privacy. A beautiful speech.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• You can read her speech on line. I was not offended. But no I don't think she has been OUT but there have been rumors for years that she never denied. Not really the same thing.

Actually she came out as saying she was single and then made it clear with her thanks that she i and has been in a long time relationship.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• i just watched the jodi foster speech

i felt like it would never end
    guess they do not play music over the long winded ones

yikes
    she was weird to say the least
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• No, I didn't & I thought it's been known for like 15 yrs about Jodi Foster.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I watched her speech. I liked it personally.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Yeah, I thought everyone knew she was gay.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2013