Some little b%*@ch threatened my child at school today!

I may just lose my mind right now! My dau is in 5th grade & this girl in her class who is known for a temper threatened my child w/ scissors. Of course it happened at the end of the day, so nothing will come of this til tomorrow, but that little bitch better watch it, or I will press charges & have her a$$ thrown in juvi. Oh I am so mad right now! Have you had to deal w/ anything like this before? If so, how was it handled?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2013 in

• Yes, I have dealt with this crap. My 12 yr old son in 6th grade was threatened on the field during P.E. almost every day. My constant requests for the principal went unheard until the day that 16 yr old flunkie decided to punch and knock out my son. I was in the principal's office demanding the school to expel the kid. It is clearly written in the school policy the rules and punishments. I was shunned by the principal and scolded that I should have compassion because the bully had ADHD and economic stress. That was it! I lost it and shouted that being poor is no excuse to be violent. I made calls to the school board for the principal's lack of action. The result was the bully was shipped out to alternative school and the principal realized that I was a force to be reckoned with. If your daughter has a witness, if she could come forward it would help your case.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 4:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Wow. I guess, see what the school does first. I hope your daughter reported the incident.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I would be furious too. Take a few calming breaths and keep going over the story and what led up to her threat. Repeat it back to your daughter, to be sure you have it right. I would take my child to school tomorrow and demand to see the princpal.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• DId you report the incident to the teacher or principle? They may not be able to have a sit down with the child in question but at least they will be informed and able to address the situation first thing in the morning. Not to mention be aware in order to ensure it doesn't happen again. The longer you wait to address the issue the less "serious" it becomes.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• will not hurt to get exact phrases from your state public school system rights  ... legal words from the state of public education- always gets the schools attention (if they start to blow it off...just need to state (word for word) some policy of rights for students and procedure with bullies

a grizzly bear mama with the exact legal terms of a students rights.... very formidable

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• while i am sorry that happened and understand you are mad
    i find it disgusting
    that you would call another child a little bitch
    you do not know whole story
    your dd could have prompted this
    how would you feel if someone called her a little bitch
    Anonymous

• The school will try to blow you off, so don't let that happen. My stepson got punched in the face so hard it cracked a tooth that later had to be removed, and nothing would have been done except that his dad kept raising hell till the kid got prosecuted and shipped off to some other school.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Anon...her daughter could have prompted this? So you think it's okay to threaten someone with scissors? Seriously?

I've never dealt with it, but if it were me, I'd be in that office first thing tomorrow morning, raising some serious hell. Like others suggesetd, I'd be getting some exact wording from the school's own policies to throw in their faces, too.

And skit, I can't believe they said that to you. My boys have ADHD, and that is no excuse for violence! It's idiots like that principal that contribute to the misconceptions people have about ADHD.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I have dealt with bullies a couple times. I tell my kids if anyone hits them, knock them out. And if they keep bullying them, they will have to deal with me. School officials and parents be damned. I have no tolerance for that when it comes to my babies. Idk if any of you have seen "This is 40" but that movie is so me!
    hatagaj

Answer by hatagaj at 8:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I never said it was okay
    basically I want to know what sort of parent
    calls a child a name like bitch
    Anonymous