cure for split ends?

I flat iron, what's the best thing to protect my hair from damage. Where do you get it?

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 1:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i use Bumble and Bumble lotion. it worked amazing. aquage (sp) makes good stuff too.. my SIL owns her own salon and thats what she uses.. best thing to go though is not do it every day! and once you have split end you have to get them cut off they wont just fix themselves
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• There's no cure...you have to cut them. The best thing to do is prevent them. Deep conditioning, less heat, etc.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 2:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• They sell sprays for you hair for when you flat iron them. I would suggest not ironing your hair so often, or just get a hair cut every 3 months. It won't prevent them from happening but it would help. Plus it's just not attractive having like a TON of spit ends where your tips are white because of it haha. I've seen many girls ( my best friend and sister to name a few) who refuse to cut their hair because they want long hair, but ugh looks so nasty.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 4:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Biosilk at any store that sells hair products
    CookieMama

Answer by CookieMama at 5:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I only flat iron like twice a week and i get my hair cut most of the time every 6 weeks
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 6:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I really like the sprays, too. If you're going to do it might as well protect as much as you can!! And if you're looking for something a little cheaper than professional product, try Herbal Essences. They have a leave in condtioner that I LOVE. It's part of the long-hair collection.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 9:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• The best "cure" is getting it trimmed every 4 to 6 weeks. And most importantly use a heat protector on your hair before straightening. Also don't blow dry it then staighten right after if you can help it, that's alot of potentially damaging heat on your hair. I wash mine the night before and let it air dry. A good deep conditioning treatment a couple times a week is a must.
    shabrown907

Answer by shabrown907 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 16, 2009