Uggg why is it so hard to make friends?

I have the hardest time making friends even online! It's so hard to find women who aren't fake and full of drama. The friends I have that aren't like that (which is very few ) and who don't have kids hardly ever call me to do anything because I'm a mom of 2 they automatically asume I can't get time away from the kids. Anyone else have trouble making friends?

JennieMarie1103

Asked by JennieMarie1103 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2013 in Relationships

• Yep. And for the exact same reasons. I have a few "friends" that are moms but for various reasons we just don't connect enough to be close.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I have held on to some good ones over the years. I have some close acquaintances too. But I think you're right, we are all so busy, that finding time for a new relationship is hard & for some, not worth the effort. CM can be fun for adult connections & humor. I know it's not the same tho. Maybe join a book club, or some other type of hobby you enjoy to meet new people with the same interests as you. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Yes, and for a lot of the same reasons, besides the fact that many people are uncomfortable around someone with a disability. Also, I don't make conversation easily, although I do keep trying.

Could you maybe find a hobby or something so that you start out meeting people you have a passion in common with? That way there's a point of connection that might spark something deeper. I used to hang out with a group of writers, but I eventually left because my style was too edgy for them. Still, it gave us things to talk about that were outside of ourselves.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Yup and we move a lot- so it's even worse : /

I have no friends in this state- or in the last 2 states before this. bleh
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Most people do not have but one bosom buddy throughout their life time. The rest are more casual and that is good too. If you think that is the problem then you call and ask them if they would like to go out to lunch or a movie or whatever. You step forward and say (actions) I am not hogtied to my kids, I can go out and have fun too.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• YES! But I moved to a new town new state and the people here - WOW! If you didn't go to school with them since kindergarten - FORGET IT!
    But, the friends I have made (2) are not from the area! Hummm no wonder! I am such an extrovert and this is killing me
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 5:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I move every couple of years because my husband is in the military. I can't make friends either. I kid you not, the best adult friend I made was 5 years ago in VA. She was a CMer too who lived in the area. We still talk every now and then.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Yes, I do. I have 3 very close friends, but one of themis drifiting away as others have over the years. I've just decided to love the people who love me and stop wasting time on the rest.
    hatagaj

Answer by hatagaj at 8:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I take it you are single? Because if you have a significant other it's almost like he is your best friend. Well my advice is don't try too hard and in time you will meet a single mother with the same situation as you, and it will just be you and her ALL the time. Good friends are hard to come by. But once you find one, all you need is one :)
    Also, I've been on this site for sooo many years and all that but I never tried to make friends on here, I barely know anyone online no matter what site I go on! Unless I've known them before Facebook. Internet "friends" is just not my style because they are the real kind you should be looking for. Get my drift? Good luck
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Yes it is hard.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2013