Has any lost their sex drive after a hysterectomy?

Ater having a hysterectomy I lost my sex drive and when I did have sex it was very painful.

gokartlady

Asked by gokartlady at 1:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• oh me too, I got dry and my vaginal area shrunk some and my dr. prescribe premarin vaginal cream it helped alittle.
    Anonymous

• It's due to your lack of hormones, you need to see a doc even if you don't want to take the hormones.

Although if you don't you''ll prob develop facial hair too.

They also have vag creams the doc can give you. I've researched hysterectomies and tuballigations and would never get one for all it's side affects.

Of course under certain cercumstances, you have no choice but to have it done just saying please go to your doc. only he/she can give you real help.

Good luck.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 3:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• No! My sexual desires only got better after a hysterectomy. Sex has never been better! If I had only known this, I would have had one the first time my physician reccomended it for me. If you are having second thoughts, well, what women wouldn't to have great sex and not have to worry about getting a pregnant or having a period once a month. Best decision that I made since having my children.
    Annie43216678

Answer by Annie43216678 at 9:03 AM on Feb. 14, 2009