How do you stick to 1200 calories a day?

I'm starving and only have 500 calories left for dinner which isn't for another 3 hours. I tried to make my calories count by eating veggies and low fat lean protein but I'm so hungry. What do you eat to stick to around 1200 calories a day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Soup. The more I think about cutting calories, the more I eat BTW.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Have you tried the Smart Ones dinners? They are set according to Weight Watchers and even have the points on the box. I can stick to them really easily. They seem to fill me up. I think it's the fiber. Try them.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Weight Watchers was a ton easier than counting calories, well at least in the sense that I feel like I can eat way more when counting points than with counting calories.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• why are you only eating 1200 calories a day? That is really low

I eat about 1900 a day now and I'm losing...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Snack on low call foods between meals- carrot sticks, celery with low fat cream cheese, air popped popcorn, sugar free jell-o ( though there is nothing redeeming about that) water melon, a plum, cucumbers, or blueberries.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• Try to find snacks high in protein like peanuts, tree nuts, and lean meats. Also drinking water can help keep you fuller longer and will help you eat less at each meal.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I drink a ton of water and I eat things like carrots and cucumber slices for snack. Those have few calories and will fill you up.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• My answer is you don't. You get an extra five or six hundred Calories of exercise each day, so you can eat that much more and aren't hungry and miserable.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I never count calories...I eat several times a day and try not to over do it....They key is to stay active. I have been the same weight for years and never overweight. Also, include all drinks, they add up too.
    CouponKO.

Answer by CouponKO. at 7:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2013

• I don't - that's not enough.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2013